• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I spent around $800 to make this music video

I watched without sound, I wouldn't know good rap if I heard it anyway...

What I liked:

Visually pretty interesting
good location
good grade sorta looked like Far Cry 2 video game. (helped alot by the color grade)
Mix of slomow shots.
The cut to the news article.
Set design (burning barrles are great)
Titles

What I didnt like:
The smashing car stuff was lacking energy.. just felt dull and slow
No visual narrative. I guess the car getting more and more "destructed" is sorta a story but you could have done more..
The inside the warehouse shots

Hello new dude :cool:

The video has nice cinematography, and a couple of really neat shots. Color grading is good as well. I like the look of the location you are shooting in, and the tone of the video overall. It didn't hold my interest though. It could have been more intense and aggressive. It feels like you're holding back for some reason. Anyway, nice video!

I thought it was great, but could have used some women in booty shorts. Haha for real though good job, great for a budget of $800 and there's no way a rapper can be upset with that for a product if he paid you a couple thousand for a video

I thought it was pretty awesome, the shots were great!

Nice color grade

I have to agree with wheatgrinder, the smashing car scenes kind of threw me off and after a while it seemed repetitive.

I'm not sure about the indoor shots, they were a bit too dark!

Good work

Interesting things you've got going there , Yes the car smashing could've been better but then I think I get your point , since it seems more realistic , but yeah it lacks that visual treat it should've given , Anyhow Great stuff man ! I'm no one to judge you , You're good ! :)

Interesting sets! I really liked that rolling tire on fire.

Lip syncing is great.

Color grading looked on point.

I think you could have gone a little further with syncing up the piano stabs with them smashing the car. That's just my input.

I enjoyed the simplicity of it.

I'm interested in knowing what the $800 went towards.

@Quiltom I think i know what u mean.. anyhow i'm happy you enjoyed it

@mussonman thanks man... glad u still enjoyed it even without audio

@MissingProductions thanks for your points & input as well... the $800 was spent buying the scrap car, renting the camera & lights, and other minor miscellaneous props

Last edited:
Interesting things you've got going there , Yes the car smashing could've been better but then I think I get your point , since it seems more realistic , but yeah it lacks that visual treat it should've given , Anyhow Great stuff man ! I'm no one to judge you , You're good ! :)

I'm 100% in agreement. Am beginning to learn what it takes to get a performance in a music vid.

Either way, for $800 USD it's a great deal.

On a professional level, if I were to compare this to professional offerings, the one element missing is that directorial input taking it to a higher level. I'm at the stage where I'm learning this myself.

Guys I'd love to hear more comments, thoughts and angles cos' i want to learn more

@gorillaonabike your comments have caused me to think deeply about the subject of directing.

Its subtle, but I really liked a moment where the footage is rotating slightly, but it feels like the timeline is being rocked back and forth, but the singer is still singing in sync @ 1:14 nice overall work!

I thought it was really good. I loved the tire on fire and the slow mo hitting glass and it flying up. I do think some of the hitting the car stuff could have had more energy or been more in line of the beat of the song.

I like the underground feel. Not a cliche MTV video. I agree with someone earlier that posted that he liked it visually. I like the way its griming a bit. It has a warm tone to it.

hi there,

i'm looking to find a cameraman to make a tightly scripted music video. It could take anything from 2 to 3 to 6 afternoons

Where do you think i should make this request for a cameraman in 'music videos' and maybe some forum that deals in people offerring their services

and most of all how do you create a post. Do you have to pay for that?

matt

Back