• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for old film buffs

I am looking for old film buffs and anyone who has a patreon, podcast, and/or show on YouTube about filmmaking or even about the love of old or indie movies, or something like that or close to that, who might be interested in talking about old movies. I want to help promote what your doing through chatting about old films. So if you are interested and fit the description, send me a message/leave a comment and I will get back to you promptly.

Cheers,

Joe
GoIndieNow

Obviously we are all fans of film here... but I think our community is focused on creating fans of our own. I don't know of anyone here that is focusing their creative energies on personal fandom promotion of the work hollywood is/was doing rather than their own endeavors.

But we do like chatting about films on this forum.

Misunderstanding

I guess I wasn't very clear in my posting. First, let me clarify that my platform is about Indie films and promoting all your works and efforts. I don't care about what Hollywood is doing either and I don't care to promote them. You can go through all my older posts to see what I am about and how I have offered countless times opportunities for you and anyone else to talk about the work you are doing on my shows. I aim to showcase you, promote you, and bring you a new audience that can learn about you.

That being said, one of my newer shows is called Fandom Forum. We take certain pieces of Indie Art and show our fandom for it. Believe it or not it is a great way to introduce and endear yourself to an audience that doesn't know you.

For this particular episode I have a very old indie film from the 40's that I am looking for a few artists to watch and then we can discuss.

The reason I am doing so is I have a couple of artists who have Patreon pages and kickstarter campaigns who are looking for a different way to promote those. Both of their platforms center around older movies. They are Indie Artists who have created their own Indie Art too. So I thought for one of the episodes in this first season, we would take this older Indie film , watch it, and talk about and then they can show why people should follow them and support them in an unique and different way.

So it's really about showcasing them and letting them endear themselves to my audience, and maybe, just maybe give them a new way to get patrons or donors to their campaigns.

I think a lot of people miss the fact that people want to know you and one distinct advantage you have as an Indie artist is you have a direct connection to reach them and do so with sincerity and showing your passion. When people see how you love not just making the art but watching, reading or listening to it, then they relate to you in a way they can't relate to those in Hollywood.

So I am just giving you all another way to do that.

Back