• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Getting my music into film and TV

Is this an area where you have to know someone inorder to get your songs included in a film?

I am a songwriter and joined this site to hopefully connect with a film maker to get some exposure to this industry. I am willing to offer up tracks for free to build some credentials. Other than this method I don't see how else I can pursue this. Well, maybe theres also right place right time luck.

Warren Muzak

It's not about connections, but it is about networking with filmmakers, so you've come to the right place.

I am willing to offer up tracks for free to build some credentials
That about sums up what it's like to be a musician in the film business. Fight and claw your way to give your music away. Then after struggling for many years, maybe you'll be one of the lucky few who finally gets a gig working on a high budget movie and that leads to more and more work.

I had to give my music away inorder to get exposure to get gigs. Now I make a good part of my living this way. So to give away a little more to get further ahead is not a problem. In fact, it seems to be the way it has to be done unless you are well connected, which I am not.

I am in the process of recording some new material, I will post it on my myspace in the next couple of weeks when I return from my tour.

Back