• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Symbiotic Affair

Hey IT folks. Here's a short directed by the talented Ernest Worthing
(with VO from the talented and beautiful Dreadylocks).

Made for the 'World Wildlife Fund: Life. Nature. You. Make the connection' competition.

SymbioticAffair.jpg

http://vimeo.com/31414278

The contest will have two winners, one chosen by judges, and the
other being a 'popular vote' based on video 'likes.' We'd really appreciate
a like from you if you've got a vimeo account. And for those of you who
don't, you can still help by spreading the word.

Thanks for checking it out, and of course, let us know what you think!

Last edited:
LIKED :) Beautiful pictures with a bittersweet narration. Good combo, you two! Nice approach.

Love the fake Vimeo embed feature. When will that happen for real? Someone needs to figure out a way to code that.

EW, have you considered making a music video next? Your camera work and style would be perfect for the right song/band/musician.

Length: 2 mins.

http://vimeo.com/31414278

Dready did an amazing and emotional narration for the short! I do hope everyone checks it out!

Please leave a comment if you have the time. And if you like it, please hit the "like" button so we start getting votes and win. I would really appreciate all the help you guys can give!
Oh and if you hate it and want to rip it to shreds, please feel free to post that here in this thread. Always fun... :lol:

Here are some preview stills from the short:

Attachments

• IMG_3258.jpg
    IMG_3258.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    173 KB · Views: 58
Great concept! Otherwise, I hate it, and want to tear it to shreds.

Just kidding. The footage is beautiful and very contemplative.

I assume you've already submitted it? If not, I might suggest cutting the dialogue a little more tightly. Otherwise, I think everything works great. Good luck!

Liked. :)

@Flicker: Thanks for the comment and like! And yeah, i myself clicked on the "embed" ten times b4 realizing it was a pic and the link was under it :lol:
Im not that interested in making music videos although i have two bands who are interested in doing them with me but im always so busy with my gigs and films that i haven't had the time. Im trying to slow things down on purpose right now and if i get the time, i just might try doing a music vid.

@CF: I was just a few hours away from the deadline and had to submit it. Original plan was to share it privately with a few members here and then revise it and then submit it but i just ran out of time. The spaces in the dialogue were there bc i didnt want it to be a monologue but an actual phone call. Were they too long?
Thanks for the like buddy! Appreciate it!

That was awesome! Liked.

Gotta say, the fake embed was EVIL. I'm into an hour and a half render and I thought the computer crashed because the play button didn't work haha.

Was also confused for first 30 seconds... "what does this have to do with wrestling? oh... World Wildlife Fund.." yeah I'm from the country.

Seriously though, great job. It was elegant and emotional. Very nice.

That was awesome! Liked.

Gotta say, the fake embed was EVIL. I'm into an hour and a half render and I thought the computer crashed because the play button didn't work haha.

:lol:

Thanks for the "like" and the support, Paul! I changed the description to World Wildlife Fund instead of WWF. Glad you brought it up. It can be easily confused.

Thanks everyone! I swear I wasn't trying to prank you guys :rolleyes:

@Paul, it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. lol

Fantastic.

Great imagery. Very compelling VO. Great delivery.

Thanks, Dan! And thanks for the help in getting it out there!

Thanks everyone! I swear I wasn't trying to prank you guys :rolleyes:

@Paul, it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. lol

You mean wrestling federation? lol. Other than being fooled, when i first saw it, my mind immediately went to, "Yes! IT finally has vimeo embedding!"

The low i experienced a few seconds later... :no:

:lol: I think it's brilliant, dont u dare remove it or anything! :)

I think I saw someone on here do it(the vimeo picture) a very long time ago. I thought it was a good idea since just posting a regular-old hyperlink is boooo-ring, but all the youtubers get to have a pretty fancy OP with their embedded videos... lol

I really like the concept... the double meaning of the dialogue, pared with impressive and meaningful visuals (the pauses in the dialogue were fine with me).
I've seen some of the other entries and none of them impressed me with a concept.
Well done, Earnest, good acting, Dready!
LIKED

I really like the concept... the double meaning of the dialogue, pared with impressive and meaningful visuals (the pauses in the dialogue were fine with me).
I've seen some of the other entries and none of them impressed me with a concept.
Well done, Earnest, good acting, Dready!
LIKED

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

And a big thank you to all those who hit the "like" button! Keep them coming if you can!

Hey Everyone,

The short did not win the competition. Apparently there was a shortlist and it was close but it did not make the top 2.

However, it was recently requested by a project which is taking place in the Mojave desert. They are going to be screening films there this year. The idea is to air specific shorts and films out in the middle of nowhere with no distraction other than film itself.

Wish I could be there but it's still good news.

Thanks to everyone who watched, liked and shared the film. Without you doing so, it may have not seen the eyes which made this screening possible.

However, it was recently requested by a project which is taking place in the Mojave desert. They are going to be screening films there this year. The idea is to air specific shorts and films out in the middle of nowhere with no distraction other than film itself.

Cool update! I don't recall seeing this when it was first posted. Well-conceived idea. :)

What's the name of the festival? I get out to the Mojave quite often. We're actually filming out there (again) this weekend.

Ah yes. The talented and beautiful Ms. Dreadylocks. She's got an awesome voice. :cool:

It's not a festival but a film art installation. Unless something changes, I think it is going to be a one time thing. Apparently there is going to quite a significant attendance.

I'll email you the location, date and time if you're interested, Zen.

Glad you liked it :)

Back