• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Official World Premiere of "Antihero"

Most regulars on this forum are well familiar with my first feature, as I talk about it to no end. But for the benefit of any newbs around this way, allow me to quote the movie's website:

Pork Rind is a busboy with sticky fingers and a belly full of cheap beer. When he realizes a psychic power he never knew he had, he and best friend, Weezie, embark on an all-too-easy burglary spree. Due in part to this newfound power, Pork Rind and Weezie keep finding themselves in the position of accidental heroes. When their thieving ways finally catch up with them, the opportunity arises to test their mettle, and prove that even the least-expecting slacker can rise to occasion to become a true Antihero.

Antihero is equal parts raunchy-comedy and heartfelt adventure. Geurilla filmmaking at it's best, Antihero was shot over the Summer of '10, on a shoestring budget, with a two-man crew, and a lively cast comprised mostly of VCU theater students and graduates.

Our first public (non-cast/crew/friends/family) screening will be on Thursday, August 11th, at 9PM, in Vancouver, WA (just on the other side of the river from Portland, OR).

An official selection of the 4th annual Columbia Gorge International Film Festival, "Antihero" is honored to be screened at the fests' finest venue, the beautiful, recently-refurbished Kiggins Theater.

http://kigginsinfo.blogspot.com/p/photos.html

This film fest looks really cool, and the people who run it, are a terrific non-prof.

http://www.angaelica.com/

"Antihero" (84 min.) will be paired together with a small handful of short films, and I shall be in attendance. See the trailer, and check out some stills pulled from the film at http://www.antihero-movie.com.

This movie is all about having fun. I hope I'll be able to meet some you at the screening!

Last edited:
Currently, for the SoCal area, we're in consideration for Temecula Valley Intl Film Fest, and SoCal Film Fest, and I'd like to find one more, for that market, to apply to. If you've got any recommendations, I'm all ears. :)

Cracker,

You did it, man. I would be honored to attend the LA showing.

If there ever is one...

I will, for sure, make the announcement if/when that comes. Like I said earlier, I'm awaiting notification from two fests that I'm not particularly optimistic about -- need to find one that I might have better chances at.

There's one in Vegas that I feel slightly optimistic about.

Besides SoCal, it'd also be very nice to get into one in the Bay Area. I shall search for one around there, as well.

Any chance of a screening in Detroit or Chicago?

Thanks for asking. I'm awaiting reply from the 1st annual Chicago Comedy Film Festival. I'm also waiting for Riverside Saginaw Film Festival to start taking submissions. However, I don't actually see any evidence that Saginaw even takes submissions, and I'm not optimistic about Chicago Comedy FF. So, probably not, but I'll be sure to announce if it happens. :)

I got my copy of Antihero in the post yesterday!

So whilst I won't be able to attend the World Premiere I can watch it in my living room :)

I don't know why I haven't checked out your Antihero site, but I finally did. My work comp doesn't really have great sound plus I can't just plug in my headphones but from the video alone it looks awesome. How can I get a copy?

CONGRATULATIONS. Enjoy Washington.

Thanks! I haven't been home (Seattle) in two years, so I'm really looking forward to it (as well as looking forward to the fest, obviously).

As for the mentions of LA, I'm definitely on a mission to get it screened there. I spent almost an hour last night, perusing WAB, searching for some LA fests that would be a good fit. In addition to a few traditional fests that I like, there is one that holds a weekly screening, year-round. Just by the sheer number of weeks in the year, I like those numbers. So, of course I'll keep ya'll posted.

CHamburger, I'm afraid you're currently in one of many not-for-sale zones. I've made DVDs available to cast/crew/friends/family, and I've sold a small handful of people on here. However, those people I've sold it to are in areas where I did not get into a festival, nor do I have plans of getting into a festival. You're in NY, and I very much want to do a screening there. I'll keep you informed, both of any potential screening, and when the DVD is available.

Many thanks, ya'll!

Vancouver, WA, or BUST!

About to hop on an early-morning flight, for Seattle, then driving to Vancouver. Super excited, and looking forward to meeting a couple Indietalkers!

If anyone is in the area, would love to have you at the screening!

Back