• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DEMO REEL. Any opinions?

I value the opinions on this site, so I hope to get some good feedback on this... I spent the last few snowed in days cutting together a demo reel. Take a look and tell me what you guys think. Any and all opinions welcome, I won't get defensive of criticisms. THANKS!

https://vimeo.com/87648753

I think it works well. You've got some really nice footage in there!

A couple changes I would recommend considering:

- If it were up to me, I'd just entirely leave out the "live recording" section. It's kinda repetitive, since we see the same band in the music video section. And you were shooting in low light, so the footage is pretty grainy, and not really in a good way.

- The song is a great one, but I think it's from too recent (and too big of) a movie to produce the desired effect. While watching your reel, I can't stop thinking of Superman, and that's kinda distracting.

- 4-plus minutes is a long time. In general, I think it can be cut significantly.

lol you literally just listed the 3 things I was wondering about...

I normally get annoyed when people use obvious bits of score from real movies in there Reels... its like "do you really think your little videos warrant this epic film score?" ... that said, I went with it because I was primarily using this video for a specific cooperate type of gig where the chances of anyone recognizing it is minimal.

As for the the live recording bit, I was struggling with whether or not I should cut that entirely... I figured it added a bit more to my overall versatility, but I agree with the not so cool graininess and yeah, it was realllllllyyyyy low light.

I suppose cutting the live bit would take care of the length issue as well.

thanks for the feedback!

Back