setting up a website

Gee, second thread started in one day! Anyway, some of you may know that I'm, pretty much, web-illiterate. In about 6 months, I would like to set up a site to promote my w-i-p (the animation, 'Marilyn (x9) Was My mother'). On this site I'd like to include clips (of course) possibly up to 6 minutes, synopsis, bio, etc. You know, all the things which smack of self-promotion :D. Can someone point me in the direction of books or other sites which could lead me, by the hand, in a site's composition? I have the six months to absorb the info, so don't be shy in your suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Try SiteSpinner from the good peopple over at Virtual Mechanics. This is a nice "pick and place" web builder. It uses the popular CSS format so web pages don't get out of control big. They have a free demo available for download and wonderful technical support and a users helping users forum.

I don't know any books to recommend, but you should see if your local Community College has "continuing education" classes for adults. (aka: night school)

It's really cheap, too. :cool: I do a few classes each year.

Back