Am I being screwed here?

Hi guys,

To wrap up a long story short:

I'm a first time feature film Director. I've written, produced, cast and am directing the film. Anyway, I hired a DP who has worked hard as we were understaffed to begin with. 10 days into a 20 day shoot he's called me up and basically said 'I've picked the shots, I want to be credited as Director'. I responded to the likes of 'are you mad? I've spent the best part of two years putting the locations, actors, script, absolutely everything together and even though you're much more experienced and technically savvy that I am, this is my film'. He quickly pointed out that AS WE SIGNED NO CONTRACT THE FOOTAGE IS LEGALLY HIS!

So, am I right in thinking he could actually just swing round and say 'You know what, this is my film, I'm taking it'.

Also, I've paid him 75% of his fee directly to his bank without invoice.

Total panic right now!

Good Point. However, if you email the script to the actors then you would have a legitimate third party time stamp. I emailed my script to tons of actors when I was casting.

I don't know much about IT, but aren't those date easily changed? For example if you set your clock on your computer to, say, 2007. Then you create a fresh document. Wouldn't the date created show "2007"?

Does anybody else knows the answer?

I contacted eimajjjj directly but I still didn't got any feedback from him.

How dod the tory ended?
Did he managed to save his movie?!

Back