• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Green Screen Test

Hey everyone.

So I was finally able to try out my green screen for the first time!

Would love any comments or feedback on how the final product looks.

This is just a test video, making a full music video with different images later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmKuv5UZdU

HD should appear once the processing finishes.

Foreground looks super-crisp, in contrast to the background. Not matching so well, even though I guess it's not really supposed to be a natural blend. What's really off-putting is the blurry motion on the arms & drumsticks, which is really amplified by the rock-steady sharp foreground.

The actual separation from the greenscreen background, and keying process, seems to be fine.

Not too shabby, for first crack at it. :cool:

I meant more of a motion-blur, than dof blur.

Maybe the HD version will look better. Will look again in the morn.

Looks like you pulled a fairly clean key off your source footage. Really hard to say, or determine much else with what you placed into the background. The background imagery is kind of distracting... (and are those flashes I'm seeing back there too?)

It looks like you could possibly use a bit more rim light on the head/shoulders of your subject, but again this is somewhat difficult to gauge with the chosen background replacement footage.

Looks like you pulled a fairly clean key off your source footage. Really hard to say, or determine much else with what you placed into the background. The background imagery is kind of distracting... (and are those flashes I'm seeing back there too?)

It looks like you could possibly use a bit more rim light on the head/shoulders of your subject, but again this is somewhat difficult to gauge with the chosen background replacement footage.

The flashes came from adding a film noise effect to the background footage.

But I agree I think it was a little distracting, probably wont use that for the final video.

The green screen is done pretty well. I think a change in camera angle and some lighting adjustments would help, but those are only minor.

If you're planning on making a music video with this technique, try to use colors that contrast well with the drums and what you're wearing. The animation you had in the background made everything just look jumbled and hard to watch.

Motion blur would help, however even an erode (not a shrink) and a few pixels of blur would help. How close was the subject to the greenscreen? Giving it a bit of separation helps a lot. From there, some color correction would go a long ways.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The animation I used for this test is not what we will be using, I just grabbed something to use and see if I could key properly.

Back