Just finished Promo, now I'm trying to market it.

Hey guys,

My brother and I just finished this promo we've been working on for months for a new mini web series we're planning to create. We're definitely going to put it on Youtube and Vimeo but we were wondering if anyone knows of other video uploading sites that target the kinds of people we want it to reach.

Specifically, we're looking to market to Independent Filmmakers, film enthusiasts, futurists, sci fi nerds, etc.

I've been looking around but haven't been able to find any good ones.

Well for starts, are you looking to raise money for your film?

Crowdsourcing seems to be the #1 option (well #2, after you dig into your own pockets for funding). Second would be send it around to some film festivals that do trailers or fake trailers, sometimes one is picked up from a producer.

Thrid, having a promo is great, but if you don't have a script for your project then forget it as the first thing anyone anywhere who is interested in giving you money is going to ask for is your script. If you don't have a script ready then you look unprofessional and they move on and won't be calling back.

My $0.02

Hey guys,

My brother and I just finished this promo we've been working on for months for a new mini web series we're planning to create. We're definitely going to put it on Youtube and Vimeo but we were wondering if anyone knows of other video uploading sites that target the kinds of people we want it to reach.

Specifically, we're looking to market to Independent Filmmakers, film enthusiasts, futurists, sci fi nerds, etc.

I've been looking around but haven't been able to find any good ones.
There are dozens of independent filmmakers/filmmaking sites. Maybe if
you told us which ones you found that weren't good enough so we can
offer ones you have not found. There are thousands of sites for film
enthusiasts. Which ones have you looked at that aren't good ones. Maybe
we can suggest ones you have not found.

I get the impression your new mini web series isn't finished so you have
nothing to market yet. A promo is great for the new Bond, Star Wars or
Marvel film because people are anticipating the next film and they know
the date they can see it. If you market your not-yet-made new mini web
series now people will lose interest by the time you make it and put it on
YouTube. You need to have the new mini web series finished and up on
YouTube before you market it – those instant clicks are what's important.

Back