• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Clapper Bored Podcast

Well, after spending ages working out how to do it and then having to wait ages for Apple to accept it to the iTunes store, I've finally got Episode One of the podcast off the ground!

Available to download now from the iTunes store! Just search for ‘The Clapper Bored’ and then, most importantly, subscribe!

For those without iTunes, the first episode is available to hear online right here!

It certainly lacks polish, but the first episode is always the most difficult with these things. Now I've got a basic format to work with and whilst there are things I'm going to tweak, I'm fairly content to continue with the rough structure.

I know the sound needs levelling and that on my end it's kind of echoey. Hopefully both those problems will be resolved by the time of the next episode.

If anyone wants to appear on 'the show' then just leave me a message. The more people the better really, because the plan is for an episode a week... Also if you have a message/question for the podcast that would be good because it'll make it seem as though loads of people are listening to the show... ;)

Also (and I'm pushing my luck here) if there is anyone who dabbles in graphic design and could draw up a new logo for the site to use on the Podcast that would be amazing. The one I'm using at the moment is kind of sucky and I'd like something that looks better... any takers? :D

I enjoyed that, Nick. A real strong listen, your interviewee was upbeat and entertaining. I thought it carried itself well, albeit a little lengthy.

I sincerely believe you need somebody to "bounce" off, to converse with, for them to offer an opposing, or clarifying oppinion on the numerous subject matter. I felt this especially within your interview, there where small pauses and topics that i thought were in need of a secondary opinion, an injection of another voice. Two of you being there would give it that familiar and homely feel.

I also believe you should keep your reviews seperate from your Podcast, although i know it's hard not to mention them, and inevitably some will prefer to read, rather than listen. However, i think the Podcast is a great opportunity to broaden your offering. The written reviews are there, and you should reference them, but i think the Podcasts are better suited for the interviews, and the lighthearted showing of your character. Which what it is people are interested in.

I love the "Your favourite scene".

It would be nice if you ended by asking your Interviewee to sum up their film within one sentence, you'd then tell your audience all the needed details will be on whatever page you have cataloging all the material.

Just some thoughts. I enjoyed it so far.

Responding to your thoughts:

Thanks for listening! First thing first, the interview is too long, I agree.

As to the co-host idea it's an idea that I've been mulling over. I figured for this one I could get away with it because 16 of the 19 mins are the interview. But I agree tht it would be better. The problem I have is that the friends I have who I would have fun doing it with simply don't know very muc about film/don't go to the cinema that often. That makes it quite tricky trying to find someone who can actually offer a differing opinion. But I'm going to keep my eyes open because I know that it would be betteer with a second host.

I decided that I wouldn't just read my written reviews but do a kind of informal summary of the weeks releases. I think I'll keep the section but it definitely needs tidying up.

I'll be taking up/stealing that idea of yours about summing up their film in one sentence. 'tis a good 'un...

Anyhow thanks a bunch for listening anyone who's listened! And don't forget to subscribe!

Episode Two, featuring an interview with our very own Joseph Weindl aka Cracker Funk, will be up early next week!

In the mean time I have a special offer for Indietalk members! Some day I'd like to sell some little bits of advertising space on the podcast, so that I can cover some of my website costs. In order to encourage future advertisers to use the show, I am offering THREE FREE ADVERTISING SLOTS. So if you have any film or product, let me know and I'll advertise it for nothing on the show. It'll be a mutually beneficial endeavour.

Also if any of you filmmakers, writers, composers...etc are interested in coming on for an interview then that would be great. I'm sure Cracker will testify to the fact that it wasn't a horrible experience (I hope) so perhaps you'd like to hear your voice on the interwaves? Or just get some word out about your product? A surprising amount of people listened to Episode One of the podcast, so it's probably not the worst format!

Let me know stuff!

It was fun. Nick, you conduct a good interview. I recommend all indie filmmakers should take Nick up on this offer. Free publicity! Thanks, Nick.

It was fun. Nick, you conduct a good interview. I recommend all indie filmmakers should take Nick up on this offer. Free publicity! Thanks, Nick.

CF, what on earth are you doing up at this hour? This is normally the time when us Brits browse through the threads that always seem to have took off while we where absent.

:lol:

CF, what on earth are you doing up at this hour? This is normally the time when us Brits browse through the threads that always seem to have took off while we where absent.

I'm a bartender. I just got home from work half an hour ago. And, though it's 3AM where I am, I'm not the slightest bit tired. Imagine somebody who works a 9-5 job. Except for maybe a few rare exceptions, would they ever go to bed as soon as they get home? No way, they're up until 10, at the earliest.

I might outlast you tonight!

Yay, I'm famous! ;)

I gotta run. Can't wait to listen to this later. Cheers!

I hope you enjoy it!

There are a lot of issues that came up from Episode One that I didn't really address in this episode. You might be asking 'why not?' and the answer is simply that I thought it was really important that I start getting these episodes out consistently- rather than spending a month getting it perfect only for everything to be out of date/everyone to have forgotten about it.

I'm not an audio engineer or even vaguely competent in that area, so I do find it both tricky and time consuming putting these together. Hopefully, if people enjoy it and start listening regularly I will be able to find someone to offer me some assistance on the shows.

But for now, try and enjoy! :)

Much enjoyed, Nick.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You must let me know when you're next releasing anything so that I can try and return the favour for listening! Also, sorry for not taking up many of the suggestions that you made last time. That wasn't me deliberately ignoring you, it was just a case of time and difficulty. Hopefully Episode 3 onwards will be more along those lines.

Cracker Funk said:
Nick, you edited out all the parts when I sounded like a complete idiot. Cheers!

If I did then it was unintentional, but I'm glad it worked ok for you! :D

I'm a really undiscerning editor. I sit there and think 'I'm going to halve the length of this' but end up only shaving off a couple of minutes, mainly through periods of radio silence!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You must let me know when you're next releasing anything so that I can try and return the favour for listening! Also, sorry for not taking up many of the suggestions that you made last time. That wasn't me deliberately ignoring you, it was just a case of time and difficulty. Hopefully Episode 3 onwards will be more along those lines.

That's not a worry, you've been busy and unwell. Entirely understandable. :cool:

Looking forward to next Tuesdays' release.

I'd love to do an interview if you have the time. It would be great to get a bit of exposure around here and I have a nice radio voice with lots to talk about.

Back