How to come up with a studio name?

Hi! I'm a student filmmaker, and am starting to get into making better films. I'm trying to think of a production studio name, but I can't think of a name for it. How did you come up with your production name? Any advice for a teenage filmmaker?

When it comes to protecting your assets, each project has to have it's own LLC, and therefore it's own name. Whether you do the LLC or not, having a bunch of films under one name sets you up for financial wipe out.

You're not Warner Bros., so why should you risk losing your house and cars because of a newly discovered legal blunder you did several films ago? Protect your ass. New name for every project.

Good luck.

If a simple search of a company comes up with no results on a search engine you should easily be able to claim that you came up with the name first. Eg when making Mile Creations there was a Zero-Mile Creations but nothing else remotely similar

When it comes to protecting your assets, each project has to have it's own LLC, and therefore it's own name. Whether you do the LLC or not, having a bunch of films under one name sets you up for financial wipe out.

You're not Warner Bros., so why should you risk losing your house and cars because of a newly discovered legal blunder you did several films ago? Protect your ass. New name for every project.

Good luck.

You can put the ownership of each film you make under a different LLC to protect yourself, but there's nothing saying that can't have an "agreement" with yourself to put your special logo at the beginning of your films. The logo doesn't automatically mean ownership.

My company will be named after a creek that runs through the location of the production facility. Simple but effective since said creek flows through most of the county and into a major river. I believe in the KISS principle.

Back