• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

ad Free and Open Source Software for Screenwriters

Finally! Finally, I finished this article about synchronizing projects between different devices in different ways! Hooray!:)

If someone is interested in reading, then it's here. And at the same time, it changed the help section a little, now every article will have an abstract and the number of comments to it. You can see it right here.

Hello, @TheBragi. No, the app provides features just for solve screenwriter's tasks. Script breakdown is more for preproduction, so we don't plan to include this feature in the application.

Hello! Today we have a small update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 5.

And it included:
• the opportunity to extend the subscription to the cloud service through PayPal is added;
• fixed the problem with the email address validator when registering, authorizing and sharing a project with a collaborator;
• translation of the program into Polish has been added.

polish.png

I wish you fruitful day, guys!

Hello comrades!

The new update of the mobile version KIT Scenarist 1.2.2 arrived!

• Fixed problems with the external keyboard (input project name, display panel with styles);
• added standard features for working with text (text selection, copy, paste);
• the way of scaling the text of the script was changed - now the font size is set in the settings;
• now, when exporting to different formats, unused parameters will be hidden;
• added the ability to number dialogues in both the script editor and export;
• added a button to update the list of projects from the cloud;
• fixed problems with the broken geometry of the export tab and menu;
• fixed problems with virtual keyboard work on Android;
• the appearance of the application has been slightly improved.

In the nearest plans for the mobile version - the implementation of the opportunity to work with reviewer notes.

App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/kit-scenarist-screenplay-editor/id1268390257
Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.dimkanovikov.kit.scenarist

Last edited:
Salute, my friends! Today is the new post of our #filmedbyusersscreenplays series with "Vera" movie teaser which was filmed by Andrey Gubin's screenplay. The movie will be released soon in 2018, so, we wish them luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lErbZMuoJWk

Are you didn't send information about films shot by your scripts yet? It's time to catch up, guys!:) Please, let us know about your works. It is a great motivation for us to make the app better when we see results of our collaboration and it is awesome!

Hi guys.

Today we release KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 6! In it, for the most part, some of the problems of previous versions were fixed and there are practically no major innovations. To be precise, the update includes:

• the application menu has been improved. Now, in addition to the basic actions on projects, a user's personal cabinet located on top;
new-menu.png

• the user's avatar is now displayed in the new personal cabinet. Avatars are downloaded from the gravatar.com (if you do not have an avatar in this service, then your avatar will be Alexander the cat);
• the "About the program" dialog has been added;
• added the ability to transfer a local project to the cloud in one click (new button to the right of the project name on the start page);
• added the ability to import scripts from the desktop version of Celtx;
• improved display of the auxiliary panel in the Zen mode - now it will not appear from the slightest touch of the mouse or touchpad;
• in Zen mode, the display of statistical information about the script was added: duration and counters of pages/words/symbols;
• the page duration calculation has been reworked. Now it will be correctly calculated for any template;
• now when you select a block style from the quick formatting panel, the cursor will return to the script editor;
• the method of removing characters in paragraphs has been improved;
• contents of the nonprintable blocks and folder headers/footers are now skipped when counting words and symbols;
• improved interaction with the cloud service and fixed a number of problems when synchronizing projects;
• fixed the problem with blocks margins when exporting the script to DOCX-files for Hebrew;
• fixed the problem with the fall of the program when copying text documents into the research;
• fixed the problem with dialogues numbers on top of the page when exporting to PDF;
• fixed a bug with empty characters names in the reports;
• improved working with the German alphabet;
• fixed a problem with previewing the script after the program was launched.

The next beta will be the last in version 0.7.2 and after it will be released we will freeze the addition of new features and concentrate on improvements of the current functionality of the program.

Dimkanovikov,

I just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome product! I've been using KIT Scenarist for the last few months and love it. I even bought the app! It's truly the best free script writing software I've used. I spent the last half of last year trying other options, and they were all pretty disappointing in some form... but not your software. Really love it, and have been using it since.

Hopefully now I can write something worth watching, lol.

Hey guys! How do you think what are the most critical features which KIT Scenarist missed? I want to rebuild our roadmap and want to know what users think about it.

Hello!

Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:

Added the ability to restore the script from a backup! You can do it through the new "Tools" tab. For this you need:
- open a project whose text is missing or damaged;
- go to the "Tools" tab and choose from the list of available tools "Restore from Backup" (this is the only one tool yet, but in the future, this list will be grown);
- after that, a list of backup copies of the project available for recovery in the view "Backup date [backup size]" will appear. The size of the backup can help to see the border of the event when part of the text or the entire text has been deleted;
- select the appropriate backup from the list and click the restore button in the toolbar at the top;
- after that, you can return to work with the restored text of the script.

restore-script-en.png

Also in this update were added bookmarks. You can add or remove a bookmark via the context menu in any paragraph of the text, and open the bookmarks browser through the menu for activating additional panels in the navigator.

bookmarks-en.png

In addition, the following improvements were made:
- now when exporting to PDF, you can add watermarks to the document;
- improved automatic text corrections in the continuation of dialogues;
- now in the entire application used icons of a single style;
- fixed the problem of importing the project title, title page and real names of characters from kitsp-files;
- fixed the problem of saving images in the cloud;
- the script import from DOCX-files is slightly improved;
- now, if the automatic installation of the update cannot be performed, the program will offer a link for manually downloading the update file;
- fixed the problem with dropping scene numbers when importing from fountain files;
- fixed the problem of working with multi-line editorial notes;
- translations of the program into Turkish and Hungarian are added.

Have a nice day!

Hello comrades!

Update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 8 is ready and already available for download! In this update, we added a few production-specific features, but in which the screenwriter takes a direct part, and also we fixed some problems.

characters-colors.png

What's under the hood?
- added the ability to lock scene numbers;
- added the ability to specify a custom number for the locked scene;
- added the ability to specify the start number of scenes for the script in the section Research - Script;
- setting the prefix of the scene numbers also moved to the script parameters in the Research and now displayed not only in export, but will also directly in the script editor;
- also fixed the problem with the prefix of the scene numbers when exporting the script;
- added the ability to specify a color for any research document, and the colors assigned to the characters are also displayed opposite their dialogues in the script editor;
- the option of highlighting blocks now also takes into account the colors of scenes and replicas;
- in the script, you can now set the color for several scenes selected in the navigator simultaneously;
- improved automatic splitting of dialogues on page breaks;
- fixed problems with saving words in the user dictionary of spelling check;
- fixed the detected synchronization problems in the cloud service.

Let's go!

Back