i need help with my sony video hi8 camera

I got this hi8 video camera from my father. i want to make a movie and edit it. but it doesnt have the usb plug so i could plug it into my pc. do you have any suggestions. also im 15 and i dont really have money and my parents are probably not going to help me out. please any suggestions or handouts.

You could find someone with a stand-alone DVD burner, hook up the Hi-8 to it and burn a DVD of your footage. Then use the DVD to import to your computer (assuming your computer has a DVD player). Of course, I really don't know how to capture clips from a DVD. I'm sure there's some way or some software that can help.

Or you could just do linear editing and hook the Hi-8 up to a VCR. Play your scene, hit record on the VCR, pause the VCR when scene is over, que up the next scene on the Hi-8, play it, unpause the VCR...repeat. Wow...I've forgotten what a pain this is.

Christmas is just around the corner too.....maybe Santa will hook you up....

new problem

i would try one of these but i just found a new problem. when i tried to record something no picture recorderd and you coulded see anything through the eye part of the lcd. then when i played it back all that came up was the sound . anybody know whats wrong with it/

Obligatory "was the lenscap on?"
smiley_pac.gif

(Yup, I've done that)

_______

Does the camera have manual exposure settings, and if so was it turned all the way down to let no light in?

Get a head cleaner and clean them.. then record something...

Try seeing if there's a live feed. Plugin the output cables into a TV and see if you can see what the cam sees. Then pop in a tape and record that... then play it back

If you have no feed, no lense cap and nothing recorded... then there's no coffee...

Back