When do you know 'your ready'

Always been interested in when Directors got their first break...Some had a history with Directing Shorts, Music Video's or Commericals, and very few, had little Directing Experience, but maybe some writing etc before they got the chance to Direct their first film.....Might be a 'how long is a piece of string question', but for anyone who has directed a Full feature, how did you know you were ready???

Little known fact, that was actually not Quentin Tarantino's first film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Friend's_Birthday
Most of the film was burned in a fire. But this was his first film and I heard it sucked.

Though there are plenty of directors who got it right out on their first try, Jason Reitman, Steven Spielberg, Spike Lee, Spike Jonze, The Coen brothers, Sam Ramini, Steve McQueen, Ang Lee, etc, etc, etc. The ones that stick around tend to at least show that they have talent right out of the door.

So I do agree that it isn't supposed to be terrible.

It's available to watch online, but I didn't know it was ever feature length. I thought it was intended to be a short from the get-go

Back