• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

DaVinci Resolve vs Magic Bullet Looks

So basically for everything ,including my short film which i'll finish soon im using the inbuild features + magic bullet looks to color correct and color grade .

Somebody actually told me about DaVinci Resolve Lite (sorry if im wrong about the name ) and I saw couple of demos, it looked really nice,but as I see there is a version that is free and one which is 1000 dollars and they actually say that they are the same ,but it doesn't have 2k , 4k etc . SO I guess if you're using Red for instance you have to get the 1k version ,but for someone like me ,who is using DSLR is it a good choice ?And is it better than color grading with Magic Bullet Looks for instance ?

I know the question is kinda silly but I have never used DaVinci Resolve Lite before and I think if I can improve the color grading for my short somehow it would be awesome..

So is anyone using it and what do you think ?

Last edited:
Can I grade my T2i footage with Resolve ? Or you need to have RED or Blackmagic or something similar ..

You can, but you won't be able to 'push' the colour as much as you can in raw without image degradation. So you will get the look, but may not be as extreme (unless your a wiz at colour grading, and even then...)

That said, how far you can go with a T2i i cannot say as I'm just starting with colour grading myself in video, but in the photo world I can push a RAW image so much Farther than a JPEG.

Last edited:
Back