• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How does this idea end?

Hi guys this is my first post here

I've had this idea for a short for a little while, it's about a girl who is fed up with her repetitive suburban life and decides to runaway into the country. She reaches her destination, a house owned by her family that she knows will be empty, but soon realizes she made a rash decision and can't handle being alone for too long. I don't know how it should come to an end, I guess she could call a friend, parent, etc, but that seems to played out.

I'm mainly interested in the concept because I can tell it well visually, and follow a single character using little dialogue.

Thanks

Maybe she ends up trying to do the same things as she wanted to escepe in her boring suburban life, just in a different, more beautiful setting? It depends on if you want to give the message that we are all ruled by our routines and our technology... quite a bleak message :)

"You can run, but the chances are big that the unhappiness in your head follows you :P "

Sounds like she only had a plan to escape her life, but no plan to redesign her life in a way she wants.
It's like escaping from prison without a plan what to do next.

Does she (re)discover what it really important to her?
Does her phone have reception when she wants to call home?
Does she get into trouble (like in Into the Wild: the main character ultimately dies, because he has weakened himself with poisonous plants without realizing it).
Or does she meet someone?

I like the idea of trying to call home with no reception. She could basically run back home to safety. Maybe even when heads home her parents are headed out to the country looking for her. Seems like that would be the first place they look.

Back