• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dérive

I wrote that this was as good as any professional documentary I had seen. In fact, that didn't faithfully express my thought. “Derive” is actually better than many boring professional documentary I've had to sit through. It's only 5 mn but based on those 5 mn I'm pretty sure you can a 60 mn lively and interesting documentary.

I've read (or heard) somewhere that when a director loves his actors, it shows on the screen. Maybe it's just some silly myth. But there's such warmth and humanity emanating from the interviewees in this documentary! I don't think it's that often that a director manages to get that across. You've really managed to capture something of their individualities. In the end, I think it's that humanistic aspect more than the beautiful cinematography that made me like “Derive” so much.

I wrote that this was as good as any professional documentary I had seen. In fact, that didn't faithfully express my thought. “Derive” is actually better than many boring professional documentary I've had to sit through. It's only 5 mn but based on those 5 mn I'm pretty sure you can a 60 mn lively and interesting documentary.

I've read (or heard) somewhere that when a director loves his actors, it shows on the screen. Maybe it's just some silly myth. But there's such warmth and humanity emanating from the interviewees in this documentary! I don't think it's that often that a director manages to get that across. You've really managed to capture something of their individualities. In the end, I think it's that humanistic aspect more than the beautiful cinematography that made me like “Derive” so much.

Thank you very much!

There were plenty of devoted and talented folk working on this project, and the guys where great, it was effortless to just step into their world, and feel as though you're apart of it. It's captivating, truly.

Back