• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Schrödinger - Finnish Short Film

Hi there! It's been a while since my last post!

I'm back to bring you a Short Film that I made in one weekend with a couple of friends. They are not filmmakers and are not related to this world, which made it harder. Anyway, I think we all have learnt from this, and it was very funny!

It was shot on a Black Magic Cinema Camera with a Zeiss CP2 lens.

I'm wide open to reviews, feedbacks and critics!

62C.jpg

62C.jpg

023.jpg

03A.jpg

https://vimeo.com/135120240

Last edited:
So I guess you're not THAT wide open to reviews, critics and feedback as you say. But it does help you improve, on future projects if you choose to keep it in mind.

Regardless of your defensive position, the sound is so important when making a film. The moment when she screamed while throwing the phone is the moment I stopped watching because of the distortion. Principle being, the sound has to be good enough for the audience to never acknowledge it was there in the first place. The moment when the audience is distracted by what is happening with the sound is the moment when your film has lost the audience's attention and, implicitly, their interest. - might sound harsh but I apply this to myself too, I'm not going further with production if I haven't nailed sound in this regard - record, check, record, check, better to do it this way than realizing you can't do much about it when it is too late.

So I guess you're not THAT wide open to reviews, critics and feedback as you say. But it does help you improve, on future projects if you choose to keep it in mind.

Regardless of your defensive position, the sound is so important when making a film. The moment when she screamed while throwing the phone is the moment I stopped watching because of the distortion. Principle being, the sound has to be good enough for the audience to never acknowledge it was there in the first place. The moment when the audience is distracted by what is happening with the sound is the moment when your film has lost the audience's attention and, implicitly, their interest. - might sound harsh but I apply this to myself too, I'm not going further with production if I haven't nailed sound in this regard - record, check, record, check, better to do it this way than realizing you can't do much about it when it is too late.

Now I appreciate your comment. See? there's a difference when you explain your point, and even give a tip. This way I can improve and understand what you where saying before. Thank you :)

That ringing is an earful. Generally, silence and audio effects are more effective than loud ringing sounds. A good example is in the TV series Dark Angel Season 1 in the episode Prodigy, Max meets the man who was the closest thing she had to a father at Mandicore, Donald Lydeckker who she has been running away from for 12 years at a conference in a hotel. As her mind drifts away into a fog, the audio effects are great as she becomes almost deaf to the outside world outside of her head. You can see the whole episode for free on YouTube as reference for a better way to make your effect. Then, do something original in the same vein.

That ringing is an earful. Generally, silence and audio effects are more effective than loud ringing sounds. A good example is in the TV series Dark Angel Season 1 in the episode Prodigy, Max meets the man who was the closest thing she had to a father at Mandicore, Donald Lydeckker who she has been running away from for 12 years at a conference in a hotel. As her mind drifts away into a fog, the audio effects are great as she becomes almost deaf to the outside world outside of her head. You can see the whole episode for free on YouTube as reference for a better way to make your effect. Then, do something original in the same vein.

Thanks man! Actually, even though it could have not ended as I planned, that noise is not a "mistake" that I didn't want to make, the idea was to take the audience out of their comfort zone, as Gaspar Noe usually does. But as you said it, I'm not Gaspar Noe, and probably the final result isn't what I expected.

Back