• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Preserving the Arts: A Documentary

Hi folks. I’m working on a documentary project focused on the positive impact of the arts on society, explored through the eyes of a number of artists from diverse backgrounds. For more info, please read on and check out the Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/865717133/preserving-the-arts-a-documentary. The goal of the film is to demonstrate the power and necessity of art and creativity in today’s society, specifically with respect to creating a stronger national identity/narrative for many demographics out there. Much of the film’s content is a response to recent steps taken by the current White House administration to eliminate federal agencies that stimulate our country’s artistic and cultural core. One of the artists included in the film is a Muslim-American woman based in the Midwest. By doing so, the film will also share a portrait of Muslim-Americans very different from that usually shown in the media. I’m now looking to add additional artists to the film to share a variety of perspective. I’m interested in feedback from folks out there on suggestions for both artists and non-artists (scholars/funders, etc.) to include in the film who may be able to share their perspectives to strengthen the documentary’s over-all message. Please feel free to share with any others who may be interested.
Thank you!

Back