reqd. materials for sales agent

hi all,

I was looking for a US based sales agent and in one website I found the materials requried. I applied but if in case he shows interest then I have to submit the materials he wants and I am not completely sure what the list means. here is the list.

1. screener, full length copy DVD (I got this)
2. trailer (I have them, they are 1 min in length will that do?)
3. electronic press package
i. one sheet (is it supposed to be the synopsis? single or double spaced? what is the font and font size)
i. key art (I am assuming it is the poster art, if that is the case, I have them)
i. bios of actors and director (I will prepare them)
i. press release <the making of> <I suppose the on the set events and what went when the producer was making the film, now I do not have the video tape can I just give them one page in writing> I tried to videotape an interview with the lead of my trilogy but his English was not good so I had to drop it.

thanks all,
regards,
Ace.Inc1

hi all,

I was looking for a US based sales agent and in one website I found the materials requried. I applied but if in case he shows interest then I have to submit the materials he wants and I am not completely sure what the list means. here is the list.

1. screener, full length copy DVD (I got this)
2. trailer (I have them, they are 1 min in length will that do?)
60 seconds is fine. 90 seconds is better. Many are 120 seconds.
Watch 20 trailers for current films and time them. That will give
you an idea of how long a trailer should be.
3. electronic press package
i. one sheet (is it supposed to be the synopsis? single or double spaced? what is the font and font size)
A one sheet (CLICK HERE) is a 27" x 40" poster used for advertising
i. press release <the making of> <I suppose the on the set events and what went when the producer was making the film, now I do not have the video tape can I just give them one page in writing> I tried to videotape an interview with the lead of my trilogy but his English was not good so I had to drop it.
A press release is a written or recorded statement for news media
that gives them all the necessary information on your project. An
interview of the lead actor is a good thing to include. No need for
him to speak in a language he doesn't know. Shoot the interview
in his native language and subtitle it.

Very often a sales agent will want behind the scenes footage of the
cast at work. This will be set to news media for TV stories. The more
information and product you can give them, the better they can
market (and sell) you movie.

Back