Workinf on one sentence description of film- Feedback, please

'A comedy about two friends struggling with failure, and boredom, as they medicate themselves with pot and other drugs.'

Judging from the above sentence, what do you think the project is about and is it something you'd be interested in watching.

thanks!

danielsemel said:
Another tweak.

'An aimless college graduate spends his last day in town with two high school friends, before leaving to join the family business, retreating from the harsh realities of the adult world as they dream of adventure and escape.'

What about...

A recent college grad is facing a dreaded future with the family business. To avoid the harsh realities tomorrow will bring, he spends a memorable day (night?) painting the town with two eccentric high school friends. Together, they act out their dreams of adventure and escape.

I've taken some liberties here, but perhaps this version is more active? Which is a good thing, I think. But now it's three sentences, which may not be a good thing. I'm not sure. I'm rather new at this, too, so this post has been very educational for me.

Media Hero and Alphie. That is good stuff, I really dig it.

My computer is going to be down for a few days and I won't have internet access. I'll be back sunday.

Last edited:
'An aimless college graduate is facing a dreaded future with the family business. Trying to avoid the harsh realities tomorrow will bring, he spends his last day in town with two high school friends looking for adventure and escape.'

Looking is better than dreaming.. dreaming brings to mind guys sitting around on the couch, while looking implies that they are wandering the town or something.. much more amusing things can happen off the couch. ;)

some of the synonyms of looking that are more active would be searching for, seeking, chasing...check out a thesaurus and use the most dynamic word that fits...they can often convey more meanings than just the flat definition of the word...I can request or admonish...request is very passive, while admonish hints at desparation or warning.

Back