Directing book recommendations?

I recently bought a canon60D, a tripod, and 2 lenses and hope to make it as a writer/director. I have a few screen writing books that are helping me formulate script ideas so now I'm hoping someone here can suggest books (preferably in e-book format) that give a nuts and bolts look of how to take a script and put it on screen.

I understand there is no set in stone method to directing and that to copy the same tired formula out of a book is exactly why 99% of films nowadays are so cookie cutter and boring. However, I've never directed before and don't know where to start so I'm going to use the books I read as general guideline to jump off from not a step by step copy paste job. Also any books that specifically refer to using the canon60D or DSLR's in general to direct would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

It seems common that people mention books that don't cover the technical stuff, like blocking, staging scenes, and so on. I'm interested in one that does. I have enough books on story, character, aesthetics, and general production, but I want to know the actual techniques that one uses to direct the action in a scene.

Back