Looking for a producer

I have been trying to get a feature film off the ground for the past 12 months, I have a small group of film makers I work with, we are quite resourceful. However there has been a problem with commitment issues and it seems like there are not enough people involved to get the production going. As the writer/director, i know that its not a good idea that I produce too, so im looking for someone to help produce the film, but dont know where to start.

There are potential investors, but as well as working as a video freelancer, I am realizing that I need assistance from someone who has experience and can make this happen, it seems that most of the pieces are in place, but we need a producer.

We even shot a trailer for one feature film that has been shelved and now are going for something with a bit more commercial value.

Not sure where to look for a indie film producer, but this seems like a good place to start, we are based in wales. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'd suggest talking with your local contacts and ask them if they know of a good producer to refer to you.

If it's true that most of the pieces are in place, then you shouldn't find it too hard to find a producer. If you're kidding yourself in your readiness, unless you have an absolute sure-fire hit, odds on your best option would be to get an eager, inexperienced producer. This assumes you don't have a lot of cash to pay your producer.

Back