Let me write for you!

I have several completed screenplays available (which I would love to submit for your consideration), but I'd also love to write something new to fit your needs!

Need your original novel or short story adapted for the screen? I'm your man! All fired up to produce something for theaters, TV, DVD, or the internet, but still in need of a script/idea? Email me today! Have an existing script that needs finished, polished, or completely rewritten? I'm in!

I'm ready to give up my "real job" and become a full-time screenwriter, and the first step is getting something I've written produced. I'm definitely open to working for just a screen credit if the assignment is right. I can write in a wide variety of genres, and can deliver anything from a "no-budget", single location character study to a mega-budget, special effects-laden blockbuster.

Do you have the right assignment for me? Email me today!

Thanks!

Don J. Krouskop
donkrouskop@yahoo.com

I'm looking for an excellent high school comedy. "American Graffiti",
"Fast Times at Ridgemont High" good. A script that will attract the
top young talent of today, something that will make them want to
sign on based on the excellent writing, hysterical scenes and iconic
characters.

I'm looking for then next big idea in horror. Something that will change
the direction of the genre the way "Night of the Living Dead" did in
the late 60's - the way "Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw" did in the
1970's - the way "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Friday the 13th"
did in the 80's and the way "Saw" did more recently.

The Next Big Idea in Horror

Some Christians believe the second coming of Christ is near and judgement day begins with a great earthquake...

The dead in Christ shall rise followed by the rapture of the believers. Then, the damned will be risen... The sun shall be darkened and the moon shall be as blood. Those left behind will endure famine, possession, cannibalism, and unthinkable filth until their annihilation on the last day... HELL!

directorik,

Let me know what you think?

Some Christians believe the second coming of Christ is near and judgement day begins with a great earthquake...

The dead in Christ shall rise followed by the rapture of the believers. Then, the damned will be risen... The sun shall be darkened and the moon shall be as blood. Those left behind will endure famine, possession, cannibalism, and unthinkable filth until their annihilation on the last day... HELL!

directorik,

Let me know what you think?

I realise you didn't ask me what i think... but I wouldn't watch this film. Just sayin... Christians might be interested, but any cool gore, violence, language or sfx would put them off. The fact that it's about non-believers being tortured and burned in hell (and the story can't help from being preachy) would put secular people off going to see it.

The only cool angle I can think of with it is if God actually did exist and the rapture did take place, but everyone (including the religious people) got it all wrong and no-one was spared. Or maybe only two people who were friends of Jesus when he was alive are the only ones who 'got it right' - they get reanimated as kick-ass holy zombies and they alone have to fight a planet full of reanimated corpses and hell-bound sinners.

Though I just had a great visual in my head of what the earth would look like if every single dead person rose from their graves... the planet would be piled up miles deep, crammed with people and zombified carcasses. Funny.

The set up is too much like other Christain films. Your take may be very
original, but your pitch just seems like something I've seen over and
over.

Thanks anyway.

OK.

What about...

A rare and potent hallucinogenic drug livens up a college party but later becomes the cause of tragic endings. The students think their campus is haunted as members of the party scene are grotesquely murdered by what they believe is an evil entity.

Once again, you might have an excellent, unique take on
that very traditional story, but your pitch doesn't emphasize
those unique elements. I'm looking for something that will
change the direction of horror films. I'm not really looking
for something that takes what's been done.

Could it be you just aren't pitching it well?

What I get from what you write here is a variation on the
masked killer movie with a drug being a catalyst. Someone
who took the drug is killing people or the drug is making
people kill themselves and people don't realize it.

What about a horror film where people log onto a chat room, and like a Ouija board, the more they stay logged on, the more energy a spirit gets and is able to come through the portal and like the Ring, can come through the computer (as a spirit), take over a body and make them do things to other people until another spirit logs them off permanently. In other words, it's a game played between evil spirits where they rack up body counts before they get logged off. Make a film that caters to the chatroom geeks and make it realistic and much like Scream did to babysitters answering phones, make chat room aholics a little leary about staying on chats too much :) Just a quick idea I had. Horror's not really my genre.

Thanks Evs, but not really what I'm looking for. It's a good idea, though.

There have been a few movies that use that devise. Done well it could
work. I'm really looking for something more unexpected. I hope Don
comes back.

EvsFX08, I like that idea. Here's my own twist on it.

VIRUS! You've been infected...

The US gov. has discovered that the terrorists are using bio-cybernetic tactics to attack the US by reprogramming the host's DNA through visual stimulation using the internet. The final stages of reprogramming requires a reboot causing the computer screen to go blank. When the screen comes back on, a video of a victim screams while slowly being exacuted.

The infected host will begin to physically deteriorate as the cells of the host cannibolizes on itself. Within approx. 6 days the host will die.

That was done on “Fringe”.

It wasn’t terrorists, it was a computer genius bent on revenge.
And it didn’t take days, it took seconds. And the cells didn’t
cannibalize themselves, they exploded. But very similar.

You both have good imaginations. When you come up with something
really different and unique, you know how to reach me. I’m
looking for that amazing screenplay that’s out there somewhere.

Really not smart sharing ideas on a public forum, tho it's fun to read:D
Why not?

An idea is nothing without it's execution. Give each of these ideas
to five different writers and you will get five, very different scripts.

Directorik - I know the perfect writer for you. I think we are neighbors. Let me know if you attend any of the local filmmaking events, and we can meet up.

donkrouskop i am unable to know when you yourself are a writer then why looking for another writer?? you need a partner for writing?

Alright, I'll have at it.
The government trys to slow global warming by emitting tons of particles into the upper atmosphere in order to deflect the sun's raze. Unfortunetly this offsets earth's electromagnetic grid, and since animals use much of this undetectable energy field for daily function (think of how animals avoid tsunamis well before they occur and birds migrate south), it causes them to go bezerk.
Eventually every animal on earth turns violent. Old "cat ladies" get mauled to death by their ravenous felines while watching day-time TV. Alligator wrestlers are ganged up on. Roves of mad dogs patrol the streets. Birds, insects, bats, snakes, you name it. The theme could be about nature trying to exterminate humans for survival, "Mothernature ain't so motherly anymore." It would be ironic how our trying to stop global warming leads to the demise of himankind. Maybe "Mothernature's taking out the trash."
Yeah, many of these animals have their own horror movies, but never has anyone done a movie where every animal turns deadly. This would be the first.

Back