Got me one!

With Zen and Will getting Super8 cams, I felt left out. As I've been waiting to get my hands on a 16mm camera for some time, I finally got one off Ebay just tonight! :D I will post pics when it comes. It's a Bell & Howell 240, very nice little wind-up camera. ;) Just thought I'd share that with everyone.... :yes:

It's here!

I got the camera a few days ago. I took some shots of here. Here are a few below. I havn't named "her" yet, but I don't know what to call her yet. (Was thinking "Dolly") I'll think of something. She came in great shape and looks like she got right off the factory line! It's amazing how well this camera was taken care of. It came in a nice case, 2 lens, wide angel and telephoto and both had filters with them. Inside is SUPER clean. The tripod didn't come with the cam, it was one I had laying around. Can't wait to get some film and test this thing out!!! I got ALL this for 20 bucks. That's shipping and all. Enjoy the pics...

BH16mm.jpg

BH16mm2.jpg

BH16mm3.jpg

Last edited:
Hail: Yeah, I'm bidding on another one right now.. still the high bidder, but there's a few days left on it.. and it doesn't come with nearly as many accessories. Only one lens, not the standard 3 and an additional NICE one like the other had.. and the other one came with a 200' magazine, this one does not. :(

Oh well.. thems the breaks

Very Nice King! I got a Bolex H16 reflex on ebay for about $300 around a month ago. looks in great shape too. came with the case and accesories as well. I havent tested it out yet. I have to buy a roll of film and read the manual a little more before i do that. :hmm:

Congrats!!! Welcome to the world of film and being broke paying for film. You learn a lot from shooting film, not the least of them is economy when shooting. Because of the cost, film teaches discpline.

Scott

Back