• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New FREE teleprompter software - check it out

Ok so a few weeks ago I needed a quick cheap laptop teleprompter solution that I didn't feel like paying for and after browsing for available solutions, I didn't like anything that was out there.. so luckily i happen to also code for a living so figured i'd write my own. also figured i'd write a web-based one.

if you just wanna get to it already - check it out www.easyprompter.com

I'd really love to hear your feedback, everyone. I intend to maintain and improve it, especially if there is interest. I also intend to keep it free. If it gets super-popular or people really want to be able to save scripts, settings, etc - maybe i'll think about sort of a premium account, but the basic prompter will always be free.

I think this is at least competitive to others like it but really want feedback.

Please go and check it out. there are no ads and no accounts to sign up for. just type in your script and hit start.

There is also a handy "portable" version available - just download 1 html file and run it directly from your computer - no internet connection required.

I didn't know where this should be posted so figured i'd post here. if someone thinks there's a better place for it, do let me know.

tell everyone ;)

Thank you

-Mike
Story Tailors

Free web-based teleprompter - it rocks!

What I would need to make this work is a way to INVERT it because I take a laptop out to an LCD mounted on a true teleprompter setup in front of the camera, so I need to invert the text so it read correct on the mirror in front of the lens.

Actually I am putting in that functionality in the next couple of days. It will require a font download since that's the only viable way I have found of doing this online while supporting all browsers.
You can keep up with EasyPrompter news on twitter - www.twitter.com/EasyPrompter

Keep that feedback going!

MIRRORED TEXT! MIRRORED TEXT! MIRRORED TEXT! MIRRORED TEXT!

After a few weeks and a few sleepless nights, I finally managed to get mirrored text fully working via a font (which I had to create) download.

Thusfar, it is FAR superior to what you find on cueprompter for a couple reasons:
1 - my font is unicode compliant so many languages and character sets will work out of the box

2 - I implemented some insanely complex (and annoying) code to make sure all the text is wrapped correctly.

There is only 1 caveat currently and that's if you resize the window or change font size during playback, the wrapping will get a little weird. I will fix this shortly.

For the time being, I need help testing this as much as possible - especially in languages other than english! Please let me know how it works for you!

Thank you all for the support!

Since a few people expressed interest in donating to the cause, I put up a donations page - www.easyprompter.com/donate.php

I would appreciate any support, but would like to maintain that EasyPrompter is FREE, so if you don't want to donate, don't feel guilty or anything :) - I'm cool with it.

As promised - new version of the portable standalone is available which supports mirrored text. You will need to install the font separately in order for it to work. If you need to carry this on a flash drive to another location, download the font AND the standalone version and keep them together. Install font on whatever machine you need to use and you're all set!

For those using the standalone version just click "Check for updates" on top.

The rest, just head over here - http://www.easyprompter.com/portable.php

enjoy!

Back