• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch upcoming thriller short "TAPED" teaser

I know it's not the best, and the first shot i didn't have a slider or a steady cam. I had to shoot this and light this all by myself while trying to make sure everything was focused right, and also was a bit pressed on time, took only a half hour to shoot all this including setting up lights and what not. This will be a test short to see what i can do with the camera and this is the teaser for that short. Any tips or advice on lighting, camera angles and what not are appreciated! Also my acting wasn't the best..but it'll have to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqn_Lj4K4g

The only thing I think would have made it better would be a steady cam and better acting. But since you've addressed these things anyway, I would say it's good for what it is. The lighting looks nice and the quality is great! Gotta love DSLRs

The third shot at 00:14 where you go 1. camera 2. guy 3. Over the shoulder of guy at camera. That

last shot feels like its too tight. I'm guessing the guy is tied up in front of the camera, that's

monitoring him. But we can't see that from the shot. So bring it out to give the shot more context.

Also, for the "Somebody help me" shot, you might want to use some sort of device to differentiate

between the "monitoring camera" view and the "movie camera" view. Otherwise people could get

confused.

As for the acting: Don't shout at the camera. Maybe shout up the basement stairs that are off to the side. Then look at the camera with only your eyes. As if you want to escape from it, but do not trust to take your eyes off it.

For a teaser there isnt much there but I look forward to seeing the rest.

thank you very much for the comment! and just wondering any tips for becoming a better actor through self practice?

The only advice I can give is, "Keep doing it." It took me a long time to become better at acting. I think it is just a matter of doing it and watching each performance to see what you like and what you need to improve. The longer you keep at it, the more you will most likely improve.

I'm not a professional actor by any means, but I can say that I have improved drastically just by experimenting with it for many years. I would also recommend watching a bunch of movies and study some really good actors.

thank you all of the replies, and the advice. Hopefully filming this will cause me to learn a lot. I look forward to posting the finished version on here once it is complete.

no? i never heard of it but that is very weird..kind of makes me want to film a new teaser now. lol, is that your film? if so it looks great! But from what i can tell in that trailer, my idea is far different then the one of that film.

Back