Short Horror Film "The Gasman"

An Iphone? Sometimes I wonder why I waste my money on expensive shit. You can see that the aspect ratio is different. A filmmaker once told me color-grading is everything. I like the concept and where you hid, not the best hiding place bud lol. I like the editing.

thanks , and yeah you're right about the hiding place (That's something I could've improved XD). I just think that a Phone is the most portable and compact solution to a dslr etc. (Obviously I have one, a canon t3i) but I can also edit the video, colour grade it and add in the special effects (Such as the gunfire and such closer to the end) and I can do it all on the go on the iPhone (apps) and I also plugged in my lapel microphone to record the sound and then edited in the accompanying music on my laptop. I guess I like to make editing as easy and on the go as possible as I'm often rather busy. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Nice work. I usually don't care what camera people use but I love
the fact that this was shot with an iPhone. People who come to this
board are either so proud that they are using top, high end equipment
or lamenting the that they can't make their movie until they get
exactly the right equipment.

This looks good, is creatively shot and cut and you use sound well.
The story is simple and cliche but kept my interest. Well done.

Nice pacing, suspense, and overall job.

Thank you, I guess it is strange using an iPhone for my film, and it feels so normal for me because I've done that for almost every film I've made since January 2016. I've just never gotten used to using a dslr camera for my films (I have used them for filming though, just not as much as my phone) I'm sure they would be a far superior option for someone looking to get into the feature film business or something a bit more serious, but for the type of stuff I'm doing at the moment my phone is fine. Thanks for the feedback too, I appreciate it :)

Back