• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Cactus Jack - A Movie as Crazy as (and About) This Election

Hey everyone,

Please follow the link to check out our indiegogo page for Cactus Jack, the directorial debut from Hollywood screenwriters The Thornton Brothers. Between their in-development show at The Weinstein Company, The Revenger, their multiple in-development features, including a thriller for Zac Efron, and their dark, provocative fantasy novel series, Reapers, if you haven't heard of them yet, you will soon!

This is an exceedingly timely zeitgeist film that captures the anonymous vitriol of social media and increasingly polarizing politics of this sideshow election cycle. In CACTUS JACK, a violent, reclusive hatemonger starts a venomous podcast from his elderly mother's basement and makes enemies far and wide... until one comes to silence him (and yes, in case you're wondering—Jack is a Trump supporter who believes a win by "The Donald" will usher in the race war to end all race wars). Think the lovechild of Taxi Driver and Oliver Stone's Talk Radio for the podcast generation.

Want to know more and view the trailer? Check it out here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cactus-jack-a-feature-film--2#/

As one of the producers on the film, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. If we get a discussion going, you might even see one of the brothers drop by.

Thanks all!

-Nate

Welcome to indietalk.

As you can imagine we get a LOT of first time posters letting us know
about their crowdfunding campaign. Most never return. A few check
back a couple of times and then are never seen here again.

I wish you the best on this campaign.

Thanks for the best wishes!

I'll certainly be around for the entire campaign, and probably beyond that. It's my job as producer to get the word out, and a film like this requires a major grassroots effort.

All that aside -- are you a former DDPer? I think I recognize your username.

Good luck man!

DDPer sounds kinky.

Back