Budget Camra,, Questons

Helolo eveyrone, first post. I have been filming/producing/directing/ and editing films for the last year. I have been using camras that my school has provided. They have restrictions about what you can do with them and how long I can keep them. So I have decided to get my own. I am looking for a camra that will enable me to film low budget films. I have 450 bucks, and thats all I can spend on a camra. My first project will be a documantary on the Military Reenactors in my home town. I will need to be able to get good video from a lot of moving targets and a lot of action in the birghtest of day as well as night time. Right now I am confused on what I would like to get, but I know I want a miniDV camra. Thank you in adavnced. Also, I want to edit with Final Cut Pro, and capture media through firewire.

SwingTheMiC said:
Helolo eveyrone, first post. I have been filming/producing/directing/ and editing films for the last year. I have been using camras that my school has provided. They have restrictions about what you can do with them and how long I can keep them. So I have decided to get my own. I am looking for a camra that will enable me to film low budget films. I have 450 bucks, and thats all I can spend on a camra. My first project will be a documantary on the Military Reenactors in my home town. I will need to be able to get good video from a lot of moving targets and a lot of action in the birghtest of day as well as night time. Right now I am confused on what I would like to get, but I know I want a miniDV camra. Thank you in adavnced. Also, I want to edit with Final Cut Pro, and capture media through firewire.

My theory is that it's better to rent vs. buy cameras, as you can rent a better one for $450 than buy. The technology changes so fast that your new camera will be overtaken by newer models in 12-18 months. As a student you can probably rent gear for a greatly reduced price.

Actualy, I would much rather buy one. I do film a lot on my own, and not having to worry about breaking someone elses camra would help a lot. I ask for opions on a camra, I gave what I am using it for, can someone please give me some advice.

Back