My entry for round 2

I am stressed out completely!!! We are shooting at 8AM Saturday. My PC has apparently chosen to take this week off (typing this @ work), so I don't have access to the photo storyboards I created, so I will have to redo them by hand (HOORAY for stick men!!!). Also, for the past four weeks I have been battling a sickness off and on. The damn bug won't go away. The case that I am suffering through right now is the worse yet, I am afraid I will have no voice come Sat.

Fingers crossed ... as well as toes ... and eyes ... and butt cheeks.

Poke

Crazy... I just got an email this morning stating that my writer/director has illness in the family. SO, I have NO story at all...

BUT I have come up with something and I shot, and edited it today... I need to add sound and music and it's ready. HOWEVER,.... I might enter more than one entry!
Is that allowed?

Probably best to stick to one, Mr CootDog.

Otherwise the volunteer judges themselves will end up having coronaries with so many to go through. :P

If you end up with more than one anyway, pick the one you consider best for the comp... The other can come and keep me company in the "unofficial" section. (I'm lonely there).

_______

And speaking of judges, I'll have them all listed on Sunday, right after I finish their online-paperwork section. :cool:

ok cool... I'm actually doing the final render now... I might want to bring it into combustion and color correct it but this went from Idea, to shoot, to edit, to SFX, to music mixing, to final render all within about 8 hours... So we'll see if the shoot hapens this weekend or not. If not this is primary... unless I do another one... haha

Didn't someone say they would do a poster on the name of the short?

The name: "Constant Time"

Let's see whatcha got.

That would have been me, good CootDog.

I'll offer my services (for FREE) to MS-Paint their posters, based on title alone.
smiley_creepy.gif

One high-quality MS-Paint poster coming up, when I get home from the office tonight.

I think you will be pleased with it... if you liked the look of my last one.
smiley_piratriot.gif

Well we got everything done on Sat.

We began setting up for the first shot at 7:45 AM and packed up the last of the equipment around 9 PM. It was an intense day, that included another injury to Goat (this one was a lot worse than his bruise from Magnamameous Bark and Gigante Chupycabras), but I will let him be the one to tell everyone about it - we got pics!!!

We had some crew members come through big time - Jeremiah Walker (better known as flux from Daily Fix) hooked us up with some intregal props, D.P. Ryan Crawford worked his magic with his Panasonic DVX 100 and with the lighting, sourmonkey and Ryan Ferguson pitched in whenever necessary, all crew members were willing to do whatever necessary to get the short finished (including squeezing into body suits that were probably about two or three sizes to small), and lastly Mrs. Poke a) patiently put up with 6 guys wrecking her nice and pretty apartment and b) was kind enough to go and pick up about 100 Chicken McNuggets for lunch.

Importantly, we had some divine intervention, and that's always a plus.

I am psyched about this one. As I've said before it will be very different than anything I've ever done. Got a call from Goat last night - he was going through the tapes, checking out different takes, making mental notes for when he edits - and he said that there are some shots that can only be described as "awesome".

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Poke

Last edited:
squeezing into body suits that were probably about two or three sizes to small

...then hitting "Play" on Richard Simmon's "Sweatin' To The Oldies" and leaping into a jazzercise routine.
smiley_pac.gif

The image is somewhat... disturbing. :lol:

Good news....bad news...

Good news...
The competition is wide open now....

Bad news...
The Camera will not resume production until the first week of Nov.

My only source of "talent" is military folks, so if Uncle Sam says you're working twelve hour days I didn't feel comfortable asking them to spend there day off running around with me living out my Stanley Kubrick fantasies when all they are getting out of it is pizza and beer.

I have a good feeling about this project so rushing production into one day shoot may be a dis-service. We'll see.. Can't wait to see the films for the comp as the enthisiasim is definately pretty high.

The next competition..me and my squirrely wrath will own you all.....ha ha ha ha ha.......

That's too bad, Mr Scooter. :(

I read the synopsis on your site... sounds like a good one, too!

I think you should have pulled rank on the "talent". Seriously, with a day off... given a choice between working & acting under the hot blazing sun or hitting the bars and chasing hookers? Oh wai....
smiley_ninja.gif

Poke said:
It was an intense day, that included another injury to Goat.

The pics aren't up yet, but I'll tell the story since everyone is dying to know...

I was doing a scene where I had to run into the bathroom and begin puking in the toilet. So I run in, flip the toilet seat up hard at the same time I was bobbing my head down. The seat bounced off the back and I basically head-butted the toilet seat pretty hard; however, the seat caught me in the corner of my eye. So I have a cut in the corner of my eye and it's really, really close to the corners of my eye lids. Like maybe 1 or 2 mm. It looks worse than it feels, and when I first hit the seat, I didn't think I hit it hard enough to draw blood, but I did. Now my eyelids are purple and red, and I have a cut in the corner of my eye.

And one important detail about me, I'm legally blind in one eye(I can't really see shit out of it) and it's not correctable with lenses. This injury happend in my good eye, so I was kinda freaked alittle bit. But it was all on the outside and my actual eye feels fine.

So I had to make a decision to either go to the hosiptal and blow an entire day of shooting where everyone finally had a day off to come and help, which never happends....or just clean it up and go on. It really didn't look that bad to me, so I said screw it...let's finish shooting. And as long as I don't get an infection and loose my eyeball, I'm happy with that choice. And honestly, I don't think there was much a doctor could do expect tell me to ice it and drink fluids. I think the cut was too small for stiches.

Oh well...got it done.

That's a rough day, Mr Goat!

Why is it you that gets hurt on each shoot? Why can't Poke take one for the team every now & then? :P

Sorry to hear about the injury, Goat. I'm glad it wasn't as serious as it could have been.

So let me ask, how did you explain the black eye from a toilet seat to those who asked?

Back