• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

research on places to get post prod. sound and music that is great

I have been looking for months to find some place to get inexpensive post sound fx and music and besides royalty free sites. I can't find anything that is even close to worth using. I know there has to be something out there. The libraries are expensive and most of the time not any better than royalty free.

Any suggestions?

It's not going to happen on "inexpensive." Quality comes from "custom made." When I'm working on a decent schedule and a workable budget if I need a specific sound I go to great lengths to create it if at all possible. If I need to go into the field I rent the appropriate sound kit; I have a decent selection of mics, but I'll also rent mics if I need to. I also do extensive Foley work.

What sounds are you looking for that you have been unable to find anything satisfying? What libraries have you auditioned? There are quite a few that I'm bored with, but there's a lot of quality out there if you take the time to listen.

BTW, I use sounds from libraries, but there is never one sound that will do the job; it will be carefully selected layers and/or sequences of sounds. I spend a lot of time finding them and spend what I must to acquire them.

I have some suggestions. But first...

You want "great" and inexpensive. What is inexpensive to you?
You have been looking for months - what places have you looked at that are too expensive?

I'd hate to list sites you have already looked at and found to be too expensive.

found it!

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to either of you about my post. I have to say after all the searching I hit the jack pot!

I found a site @ https://cinescapesmedia.com that has everything I need and way more. Not sure how I missed it or where it came from but it is killer. Songs, cues, fx, hits and they are even going to have a 5.1 surround mixes of stuff soon. the best part is as a member I have a full commercial license to release anything I want as much as I want. I was able to download a bunch a cool stuff for free before I even signed up. They have a killer orchestral piece that sounds like something from a Tim Burton film and its free for the taking... Couldn't believe it.

Check it out you'll be amazed.
Thanks guys
Blogdog out

Back