• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Visual Effects artist needed for single clip in short film.

Hello, I have a single clip in a short film I filmed a while ago. Except for the actors and a couple of set hands, I am pretty much working by myself. I have minimal experience with visual effects, and am able to do some things. However, due to some complications, we had to use these large and obnoxious squib packs on set. This clip is only about 7 seconds long. What I need is these squib packs to be "erased", as in, make the shirt look normal. Painted over. I've done this once before with a much easier shot myself, but after trying for a very long time on this one,I just can't get this shot to look good. If you were to dedicate your time, you (or your studio/company etc...) would get top visual effects artist listing in the credits. We have a facebook page and a youtube page, so this video won't just sit on my computer to get shown to family, your work will actually be seen. If you're interested either post in this thread or send me a message. Here is a still shot of the scene:

Mark_stil_image.png

Here is the teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXCGYWRN9NI

I want to make note that not only was this a non-profit video, but I am not partnered on youtube, so no one would be making money off of your hard work. This is simply a project by people who love filmmaking, but lack the skill needed to fix this one shot. I would be very grateful for our hard work and time. Thank you. -Michael

Last edited:
Morning Michael,
I have some experience utilizing After Effects to paint things out. I am not not a skilled vfx artist but if you can't find one, I can take a stab at it for you.

Good luck,
Justin

i can do that for you,
i have huge experience of
working in post production company,

i have large collection of ready to use
special effects i will provide you free too
PM me

(or Anyone can PM too)

Back