View our Teaser

Last edited:
I quit watching at :33.

The interesting stuff didn't start until :26 and by then I was already reaching for the mouse.

You got to grasp people from the get go. Your trailer should have begun at :26. Also, people are not going to want to spend too much time reading lengthy stuff in a trailer -- keep it short!

I'll give you thumbs up for the name Cave Demon.

Good luck.

That's cool. I agree with what you said actually, but it did do its job in revealing the name of the film. It's getting a local release for charity. We're pretty new to this. So thanks for the feedback.

Cheers for at least trying to watch it lol.

All of the information for the film comes from the titlecards. That means there's no footage to do the job... and film is a visual medium.

The fellas look a bit young for the roles, btw. Barely look old enough to enlist, let alone be the best of the best.

Have you actually shot anything beyond the teaser trailer? What stage is your film at?

It's an interesting trailer, and I quite like the Prometheus-esque title revelation.

As others have said, the title cards are too expository- do you not have any dialogue that could serve that purpose?

I don't have much of a problem with the actors ages, but that definitely doesn't look like Borneo. Maybe I'm just more tuned into what British woodland looks like ;)

Haha. What can I say? They're natural born killers.

It's not suppose to be serious. It's all tongue in cheek. We're not looking at making some arty perfect emotional rollercoaster that's gonna blow peoples minds.

But fair enough.

The main purpose was to serve up the name to the people who are gonna watch it. It seemed to go down with them. Which is all that matters at the end of the day. I just wanted to put it out there to see what people would think. I was totally expecting this sort of response to be honest.

C'est la vie

Appreciate the feedback.

Appreciate the feedback.

You take it well, which is a good sign :yes:

With any teaser being released before the film has actually been shot, it's going to be hard to put something together that has any real visual or narrative dynamism, but you've just got to see how much tone you can convey. If this is going to be a tongue in cheek, schlocky action adventure then perhaps it needs a bit more action in it, to convey that tone. At the moment it looks more like a tense 'predator turned prey' thriller.

Yeah totally understand what your saying... It could have definitely done with a bit more. We planned to do one more before release.. So will keep all this in mind.

Not gonna lie.... I love Predator lol. There's influence there no doubt. Unfortunately, we not Schwarzenegger sized, which makes it hard to take seriously. I'm sure our friends and family are gonna get a kick out of how ridiculous we look.

Well, when the next one is done, I'll post that and hopefully you'll see some improvement. Thanks again.

Back