• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Presenting MAN MAN (full short sketch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVizgS6843M

I'm a student filmmaker, well I mean aspiring filmmaker. I've been making tiny little Youtube sketches for two years and this is my first finished "professional" sketch (I made it with a theater next to my school). Any thoughts?
When I look back at it, the only thing I wish I could have changed is that I would have added more jokes throughout the video, not just have the video be one long joke. But yeah, what does anybody think?

Last edited:
I think Batman already did this??:)

Its a good idea. Just needs to be better executed.

EDIT: Now that I've thought about it a minute, this is a hard idea. I think it has the potential to be really funny, but sitting here trying to think of an idea is proving more difficult than I imagined.

Last edited:
OKay, I think I got it. I think the problem is, you have an average guy solving average problems. Super heroes don't do that they solve big problems. I think it would be funnier if you have your average hero try and solve some big problems in an average way.

Example:

Lady screams: Help help!! My baby is about to go over the water fall!!

Man man takes her by the shoulders and looks her in the eye.

Man man: Stay calm ma'am. I'll save your baby.

Man man turns, pulls out cell phone and dials 911. Operator answers.

Man man: Yes, I would like to report an emergency at Niagra Falls......

The mom: What the fuck are you doing asshole!! Save my baby!! Don't make a goddam report!!

Man man: Oh, right!?! Right!! Right!!

Man man rushes to the waters edge. His knees bend and he throws his arms back in highdiver fashion. He balks and looks around for soemting to pull the baby out of the water with. He searches frantically for a few moments. He sees a balloon vender. He rushes the vender and snatches his twine away. Man man runs back to the waters edge. He holds the lead end of the twine and throws the ball, with a limp wrist, toward the baby. It falls very short. Man man looks around desperately. Then he half dives, half wades, clumsily into the water where he thrashes around for ten seconds but only swims about 5 feet................

You get the point. I would end this with the baby actually going over the falls, and somehow miraculously surviving. All thanks to Man Man(not).:)

Sorry for the rambling post:)

Last edited:
OKay, I think I got it. I think the problem is, you have an average guy solving average problems. Super heroes don't do that they solve big problems. I think it would be funnier if you have your average hero try and solve some big problems in an average way.

Sorry for the rambling post:)

No no, I really appreciated this post. I was kicking myself reading it, you're right! I was laughing the entire way through.
That is true, the fact that he solved average problems kind of ruined the joke. If I could go back and remake this video with your suggestion, I would.
Thank you for pointing that out! Now I can watch the video in a different perspective.

Back