• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

final cut express

I recently bought FCE and I edited my first project and exported it with Quicktime as a .mov file. I've tried uploading my project to Youtube, Vimeo, and Facebook, but all three sites keep telling me the same thing. Apparently there is something wrong with my file and that it's either not a video file or it uses codecs that are not understood by their specific site. I don't know too much about this so if anyone can help me that would be great. Oh and I own the Mac OS X which is the computer it is installed in

I'm not familiar with Final Cut Express, so this is all hypothetical.

Can you not select YouTube quality when you are exporting the video? If so then that should certainly mean that it produces a video with the capability to be uploaded to YouTube. If you're shooting in HD then possibly the file is too large.

Other than that all I can recommend is converting the file to another video type and trying to upload, but I guess this only works if you have a video file converter...

Back