new film maker here

Hi everyone, I hope posting this here is ok. Im a new independent film maker working on a feature film. My question would be, Has anyone had success on indiegogo? Im considering a fundraiser to help with costs. I am making the film no matter what, but as im sure you all know the more funding you have the better. Plus with costs of film festivals and higher end reviews plus advertising once your project is ready for market...... Any suggestions, comments are welcome. Thanks and the best of luck to you all.
https://www.facebook.com/tearsofjuly/

So marketing the kickstarter is hard? I have several people on my team who have succesful campaigns previously so I am hoping for a good outcome.

If you have fans that will support you it can work. But just asking strangers to fund a short film, not so much.

Good luck. If you have the money anyway, those campaigns are more annoying than anything. It's like... "I have the money to make this film, but I will take some of yours." FYI IMO

You are much better off picking an aspect of the film to fund. Say, for example, color correction. Make a video. Show where you are getting it done, and what the process is. Show clips from the film that need correction. Etc. These types of campaigns are MUCH more interesting than "Give me some money, I will use it for something."

You are much better off picking an aspect of the film to fund. Say, for example, color correction. Make a video. Show where you are getting it done, and what the process is. Show clips from the film that need correction. Etc. These types of campaigns are MUCH more interesting than "Give me some money, I will use it for something."

Yes, thats exactly how we are planning it. We are doing a teaser trailer next week and using it if we do the fundraiser. Or i may just approach a couple people i know and see. Otherwise I will just do what i can with my budget and roll on. Literally. :lol:

If you ask for money just make sure you know exactly what it is for. Even if it is for props or food. No one wants to just give someone money without a plan, especially knowing they already have enough.

I realize that most times in a campaign people have to really love the story to fund and they want to see how the money is being spend. So what you need the money for should be illustrated to them. And how they will get their money back if the campaign is not fully funded.

Back