Great tool for filmmakers - Airdog

Hey everyone! I wanted to tell you about this new awesome thing called AirDog.

AirDog is the world's first auto-follow drone for GoPro camera that follows and films you autonomously, so you don’t need to rely on filmmaking crew to get breathtaking views. Forget about remote control operation – Airdog is a unique solution for action sports or anything else you wish to film without actually holding your GoPro. Here you can see our AirDog in action: http://bit.ly/AirDogVideo

Have a look at our Kickstarter page: http://bit.ly/KickstartAirDog

It would mean a world to us if you could support it or spread the word on your websites. Let’s make a revolution in drone-made photos and videos together!

There are four major AirDog advantages:
1. It is tested and working prototype ready for production.
2. It will be the first commercial product of its kind in the market from November 2014.
3. It has AirLeash - waterproof GPS device tracking your movement with a significantly better signal than smartphones.
4. Two years of R&D invested into the creation of a working prototype to get the best possible solution.

We'll be thrilled to hear from you! If you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask us anything - santa@airdog.com

0fb8737029.png

Best regards,
Santa Team Airdog
http://airdog.com/

Gotta admit, this is pretty cool. I commend you on reaching so far past your funding goal. If I had a Gopro, and a grand in my pocket, I'd be on board.

I see a lot of application for independent filmmaking beyond sports footage. I wouldn't mind shooting a chase scene by putting the 'leash' on the main character.

Devil's Advocate - What happens if someone is shooting a video of themselves doing a water sport, as you've showcased in the video... And the AirDog runs out of battery?

Very cool. Somewhere in my sci-fi idea notes I have one similar to this, think google glass crossed with the AirDog. In the future people would have microcoptors (insect sized) with cameras that could hover around and follow them to automatically post photos to their social networks, etc...

Gotta admit, this is pretty cool. I commend you on reaching so far past your funding goal. If I had a Gopro, and a grand in my pocket, I'd be on board.

I see a lot of application for independent filmmaking beyond sports footage. I wouldn't mind shooting a chase scene by putting the 'leash' on the main character.

Devil's Advocate - What happens if someone is shooting a video of themselves doing a water sport, as you've showcased in the video... And the AirDog runs out of battery?

Hey! Thank you for your comment

Great question! We use an intelligent dynamic battery monitoring system that actively monitors electricity consumption and battery capacity under particular conditions. The monitoring system calculates how much time AirDog has remaining in order to continue flying or to return to the takeoff spot. The AirLeash display begins warning (flashing lights and sound signal) you when AirDog has reached 30% battery capacity. Additionally, the AirLeash provides a warning to when you should stop your run in order to allow AirDog to complete safe landing.

Does it have object collision detection or will it ram straight into a building, tower, etc

We are working on obstacle avoidance technology and will release it as add-on as soon as it is ready. Its going to be both hardware and software upgrade and we are planning to make it as an add-on to our standard package.. But there are no drones in consumer market currently that can avoid obstacles.

Back