split my existing video (youtube question)

I've had some (to me) damn good luck on Youtube with my two documentaries. But I want to maximize my exposure and revenue possibilities as much as possible. So my question is more of a "is this ok? and "would you do it?" type question.

Each docu is shot in segments. With each person having their own piece of the film. I have extended footage of each persons segment. So... think it's ok and would you do it, splitting the film (keeping the originals online), add the extended footage, and calling it a webisode?

I assume because it's my content Youtube wont really care what I do with it?

What is your reason for wanting to split it? Your retention and views might be better keeping it all as one. If people drop off after the first or second video, you end up being the guy with a lot of uploads, but not as much views and it reflects on the content. If you upload the entire doc as one video, nobody but you will know what the retention rate is and probably be better for you in the long run.

Well both are up now. One has 90,000 views (up for 1.5 years) and the other has over 200,000 (up for 11 months). My reason is for more exposure on Youtube searches and, honestly, revenue. I'm working on new content but it's been difficult with the birth of my first child earlier this year.

Last edited:
Back