• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Enthusiasm Does Not Compute

That was hilarious. :lol:

Is it going to end up as part of a IndieGoGo campaign? It seemed to be dropping those kinds of hints, but then took a big turn when examining the new computer.

Good stuff.

That's pretty F****** GOOD for a weeks worth of animation dang man!

What program did you use?

And keep up the good work / let us know if it will be needing funding so your fellow INDIERS can check it out and maybe pitch in :)

That was hilarious. :lol:

Is it going to end up as part of a IndieGoGo campaign? It seemed to be dropping those kinds of hints, but then took a big turn when examining the new computer.

Good stuff.

That's the eventual plan, but we're not ready for it yet. I think two criteria need to be met before I feel crowdfunding will be worth our time:

1) The audience threshold is a roadblock that I'm trying to overcome. In my mind, the minimum amount of funding required to make a crowdfunding campaign meaningful is around $5000, but I don't think our audience is near large enough to even have a chance at reaching that... even if 100% of our current audience were to contribute $10... extremely unlikely, I'm not sure it would be enough to reach that goal. This amount would allow me to purchase the assets of the content that voice actors and volunteers have contributed (i've done about 95% of Delura's content) and more importantly allow me to upgrade my horribly outdated workstation (which is about 7+ years old now) and get desperately needed software upgrades to overcome critical production limitations. My video editing software really sucks... I can't even do compositing with it and it only supports 2 sound layers.

2) Proving to myself that I can produce quality content quickly. I feel I can animate good quality stuff in a very small amount of time, but I am still struggling with the visual aspects of 3d production. A lot of Delura's visually upgraded content has not been used in production yet (that's EP 005.03), but that's what I'll be aiming for as far as visual quality level. Compare old to new. Things like modeling, texturing and composition I feel still take me way too long to do. I'm still looking for help in these areas and would love to find some artists who would like to help compensate for this weakness of mine and pair my "good" animation with their "good" art, but it'll take time. I have a few volunteers on board, but no one that's full time.

That's pretty F****** GOOD for a weeks worth of animation dang man!

What program did you use?

And keep up the good work / let us know if it will be needing funding so your fellow INDIERS can check it out and maybe pitch in :)

Lightwave 9.6 (I really need to upgrade to version 11). It has some pretty powerful animation tools that a lot of people don't give it credit for. I like Lightwave because it is a tool specifically designed to make 3d production fast and efficient (which is why its used for most television projects). Programs like Maya may have higher capabilities and some better production tools, but to do a small scale project in a reasonable amount of time with it would be silly at best. I have about 6 years of animation experience over my visual design skills and have been producing stuff like this for a long time... though a lot of my earlier work kind of sucks and mostly served as valuable learning tools.

I will definitely let everyone know when we are ready for a crowdfunding campaign... but we're not quite there yet. There's still some hurdles and barriers to get past. In the meantime, we're just going to keep plugging away at getting more content out there.

As a final note, we also have other plans to help fund our project by introducing "extras", which, if people want some exclusive videos and content they can purchase them for cheap. IE: a short like the above could be sold for ~$2 (with better visual quality, of course). We need more modeling/art assets accumulated before we can reasonably do this alongside our free content though... to be clear I don't want it to affect the free content we put out because that's the attention getter function.

Last edited:
Back