Question about using the Rode shockmount.

I have had the shockmount for almost a year now, and it's working quite well. However, at first the mic use to be perfectly still in the shockmount but, not it slides up and down constantly in the rings, when I move it while booming. It causes noise, but it also causes the mic to fall out cause it's too loose. The rings that hold the mic are too loose now it seems. Any idea what to do about that?

Thanks.

Okay thanks. Is it normal to have to order new rings in less than a year, cause I feel that maybe I may have been too hard on them, if they are stretched beyond all use already. Do they make stronger rings for next time, like metal rings, than I not stretch out as fast? Or rings that can be re-tightened?

Last edited:
It's a standard cost of maintaining your sound kit, just like replacing cables. The more you use your shock-mount, and the harder you bounce it around, the more often you will have to replace the bands. There are more robust bands, but they are made for other brands of shock-mounts, so I do not know if they will fit the Rode shock-mount. You can email/talk to the folks at B&H (or whichever vendor you use) to see if there is something that will last longer.

Back