Need help choosing equipment at $2000 budget

Hello!
I did surf posts in this forum and got a lot of information and knowledge.

I love cinematography and would like to shoot short films as a hobby.

What camera, lenses, camera add-ons and lights would you recommend to purchase on the subjected budget that would make it possible to have that FILM LOOK in my future shorts?

I have already constructed a nice track dolly. Have some lights, though not happy with them. Purchased Matthews M25 Tripod.

Please, help me to get the right equipment.

Last edited:
for that budget i'd definitely consider looking into using a Digital SLR stills camera with video mode. I've got a Nikon D90, its got a couple of issues but you get really beautiful image quality. That'd also leave you with a bit more for sound kit, though bare in mind most DSLRs dont have microphone imputs as far as im aware so you'd also need to get something to actually record the sound into.

for that budget i'd definitely consider looking into using a Digital SLR stills camera with video mode. I've got a Nikon D90, its got a couple of issues but you get really beautiful image quality. That'd also leave you with a bit more for sound kit, though bare in mind most DSLRs dont have microphone imputs as far as im aware so you'd also need to get something to actually record the sound into.

This thread is nine months old and I think DSLRs take up about the last three pages of it!

Back