Someone already made it

So I'm shooting tomorrow ,everything is locked down , everything is ready .

What I decided to do is check over Youtube if anyone had the same idea as me . I usually never ever do that, since I like to add my own twist to the story so this have never been a problem for me .

I think my idea was great and sort of original but then I realised that there are couple of short films which have the absolute same concept .

I always try to be original and different but now I realised that with this short I'm not gonna be original at all .

Should I change anything about it ? Shall I go in a different way of telling the story ? Or you think that doesn't matter .

What's your opinion on that , do you try to be original all the time or sometimes there is a story you wanna tell and you just tell it no matter what .

So I'm shooting tomorrow ,everything is locked down , everything is ready . (...)Should I change anything about it ?

Don't worry about it. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Shoot your film in the morning. It'll be great.

If you start worrying about what other people are doing, you're not thinking about your own project. :)

you mean like a super hero who saves a city from destruction by a mad villain...

batman, superman, x-men, iron man...

the same concept just a different kind of magic that stays appealing..

you can do it! dont be afraid! hell even Apples concept of taking something original and making it much better worked better than anyone expected.

i agree with Zensteve & 8salacious9
every movie does have a lot in common
but what makes them different is also what matters most to audience,

give your own style to the movie,
present the idea in your own way,

Make it awesome

Maybe some aspects are the same, but it can't be that the whole film is the same! I think this is probably a last-minute-stress-panic thing.
Relax and go for it

If the universe is infinite, that means it must contain an infinite number of worlds. Even if the odds of life are (no pun intended) astronomically low, there are an infinite number of planets with life. Even if the odds are equally low that life would resemble ours, there must be an infinite number of worlds exactly like ours. You can extrapolate that to an infinite number of people who are similar to you in every way reading an infinite number of posts by people exactly like me. Everything that can be said has been said, will be said, and is being said right now.

Does that mean you shouldn't say it? Of course not. But if you aren't worried about being unique for the sake of being unique, you'll find that you actually are. You and I would tell the same story in a different way because we are different people with different experiences. Focus on doing things well, and you'll find that being unique comes naturally.

And if you are still worried about it, study folklore. See how stories have changed and grown over the years. See what things return and which things get left behind (sometimes to return later). More importantly, learn WHY certain stories stay with a given culture for thousands of years, and see how the changes are reflective of the culture that they were created in.

That's my perspective, anyway. I'd rather watch a film that is good rather than something that strives to be "original" (ideally the film will be both, but if I could choose only one). I've been listening to and performing traditional music for years, so that's where I'm coming from.

i agree, just relax and film your own version, it just adds to what movies are really are... our own vision of something that every one has already seen.
think about James Cameron when he made avatar, he didnt care that it was identical to pocahontas

Thanks guys!

My worry was that I didn't wanted people to say that I am not thinking the script and the story by myself but I'm copying someone elses work . Because this is definetely not the case .

Thanks again :)

If the universe is infinite, that means it must contain an infinite number of worlds. Even if the odds of life are (no pun intended) astronomically low, there are an infinite number of planets with life. Even if the odds are equally low that life would resemble ours, there must be an infinite number of worlds exactly like ours. You can extrapolate that to an infinite number of people who are similar to you in every way reading an infinite number of posts by people exactly like me. Everything that can be said has been said, will be said, and is being said right now.

Does that mean you shouldn't say it? Of course not. But if you aren't worried about being unique for the sake of being unique, you'll find that you actually are. You and I would tell the same story in a different way because we are different people with different experiences. Focus on doing things well, and you'll find that being unique comes naturally.

And if you are still worried about it, study folklore. See how stories have changed and grown over the years. See what things return and which things get left behind (sometimes to return later). More importantly, learn WHY certain stories stay with a given culture for thousands of years, and see how the changes are reflective of the culture that they were created in.

That's my perspective, anyway. I'd rather watch a film that is good rather than something that strives to be "original" (ideally the film will be both, but if I could choose only one). I've been listening to and performing traditional music for years, so that's where I'm coming from.

Wow. Finally! I have for (literally) years tried to explain that infinite concept to a lot of my friends and family, all of whom don't "get it". The idea that there is infinite space, therefore there are infinite possibilities and alternatives. Somewhere, no matter how remote in the universe, there is, for example, another version of you and me typing in this exact same thread, but with the smallest infinite differences.

Mind is blown. Glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this!

I need a drink.

Wow. Finally! I have for (literally) years tried to explain that infinite concept to a lot of my friends and family, all of whom don't "get it". The idea that there is infinite space, therefore there are infinite possibilities and alternatives. Somewhere, no matter how remote in the universe, there is, for example, another version of you and me typing in this exact same thread, but with the smallest infinite differences.

Mind is blown. Glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this!

I need a drink.

So I'm not the only one after all!!

Back