Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who isn't into making movies longer then half an hour?

I am just making short youtube vids haha :)

Is it possible to jump from youtube videos to long movies-without steps in between? haha

TheAwesomeBuilder

You're not the only one.

I make short movies shorter than 10 minutes. But not for YouTube usually, either just for fun or for more professional stuff.

There are as many steps between YT videos and feature length movies as you want them to be.

A huge majority of us are primarily making short films. And the only step between making a short and a feature is just doing it. :)

I love the short film format! I watch them daily. Can't put that kind of time investment into watching a full-length feature or two each day.

There's an art to itself, being able to succinctly tell your story. When it's well done, it's so powerful. More shorts, por favor!

I'm not a film maker but I watch a lot of films, indie, major, short and feature length so I think I can say at least something.
I've noticed that it's more difficult to become attached to a character in a shorter length film simply because you're not exposed to them for the same length of time. If you want attachment you'll need to really work hard on that aspect to pull it off.

No, you are not the only one. There are not that many of us making features. I am going to tackle a feature, but I am not there yet.

Hmmm OK good to hear! I personally also prefer short videos, both creating and watching. Just because shorter films can be hilarious in just 10 min or so.

Back