• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Filmplix

Hi guys!

We have finally opened our app, used by film and tv professionals for everyone. Filmplix is a sales, marketing and networking app where film and TV industry professionals find fresh content.

Meet other people working in the film and TV industry. Choose if you want to work or do business with newcomers, YouTubers, semipros, independent filmmakers or big corporations. Use the matchmaking tool and connect with real buyers, sellers or producers.

I would be happy if you checked it out and shared your feedback!

www.filmplix.com

-----------
PS: I am posting to to a few channels here where I find it relevant. It is definitely not ment to be spam of any kind. Wish you all a great and productive day!

I am sorry if you dont find it relevant. However it could be really helpful if you gave it a try. Feel free to contact me if you would want to talk about it more.

PS: I am posting to to a few channels here where I find it relevant. It is definitely not ment to be spam of any kind. Wish you all a great and productive day!

"I don't mean to spam, but do it anyway"

I'm sorry to say this, but ignoring any form of forum etiquette just makes a bad impression.
Makes me wonder: did you research your target audience?
Did you check whether there is a demand for your app, and I'm not only talking about people looking for money/distribution, but also among the people with the money and distribution channels?
Or did you just do what you thought was best, just like you spam this forum?

Every member on IT considers his or her topics relevant, but feel no need to put the same thing in 4 places.
4 threads with the same content make discussions inefficient, overlapping, missing coherence and it pushes 3 topics that might be more (or less) interesting away with the need for it.

A few other questions:
- how is privacy garantueed and how safe is all the (personal) info you put in it?
- what will you do with all the info the app will gather?
- how will you make money from this?
- how many users do you already have?
- how safe is the software? No backdoors, leaks or weakspots for hackers?

Hi Walter,

first, thank you for your response. I am happy to answer your questions:

1. Filmplix app is based on our previous app called mjobs, that was used exclusively by the largest players in the video content industry like AMC Networks, French Televisions, Televisa Mexico and another more than 350 companies from the largest hollywood distributors to national televisions.

Our app took 3 years of development during which we traveled to all film markets to get real feedback and see how to customise our app the best.

I understand, however we are not IT guys. We have been working a long time in the film industry before and then started cooperating with IT to create this app.

2. We take privacy very seriously, first we do not ask for any confidential information and second we dont share it.

3. To check this question, please have a look at our privacy policy at the bottom of our website www.filmplix.com

4. Your profile is for free, however some interaction it the app require payment trough our in-app currency called mpoints. Those can be bought for money or acquired by levelling in the app.

5. Current number of users is around 400

6. As said before, security is a big issue for us and the software was created so there are no such things.

Thank you again for your comment and please, let me know your feedback!

Back