Home
Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Buzz

6/20 Update: We will launch the new site later today!

Old 03-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #31
El Director
Basic Member

Since you reference Bound, why not see how they wrote it? https://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Bound.html
El Director is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 03-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #32
ZeroLimit
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfilms View Post
an your still offensively talking down, are you really that incapable of seeing how ridiculous you sound?

you also don't know me at all or you would know I am the least 'feminist' woman around often advocating more for men's rights but as a member of this planet I do still expect basic HUMAN respect which is something you clearly lack because you see women as lesser than yourself and apparently having a vagina automatically makes us here for your pleasure... sorry I fail to be arousing to you

and yes this is 100% about you damn phrasing, are you that unobservant you honestly can see how opening a thread with 'every time you remind about her performnce, you immediately get hard' or patronizing someone as soon as you find out they are a woman with things like 'MY LADY' or saying things like 'I warned her' is entirely an issue with YOU?
there's no way to flip this to me being crazy but nice attempt a gas-lighting you must be a pleasure in real life, I've never had this issue of being talked to like this with anyone else bar one person and he went to jail for domestic abuse ffs

Well, I don't wan to "manspread" anymore
I guess not anwering at all will be "disrecptfull". And I really want to avoid that. So here you go.
Now just tell me. What do you want to say exactly? It gets really confusing ? Please, write it as simplest as you can. And I promise it will be uselfull.
Thanks!
ZeroLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #33
Feutus Lapdance
Basic Member

I think the suggestions by Walter B are spot on... EI think the archetype is something like this: Very confident, aware of its own attractiveness, a bit arrogant and taking pleasure in getting attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaoQNDIf6pY

Me myself find vulnerability, honesty and openness more attractive in a woman. A bit like Bjork and lou rhodes...

Perhaps mix things a bit up...

Last edited by Feutus Lapdance; 03-04-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Feutus Lapdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #34
ZeroLimit
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesemann View Post
While this is getting a bit more heated than I think is really useful,
Yep. It is.
I did my best to avoid that. Well it didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesemann View Post
I DO think that what you're looking for is far more related to the male gaze in film than to anything that real women do.
Hi admin.

Great. It's your point of view and it's okay. However, I never intended to tell the story according to any gender gaze. But I do understand that it's all what you can see from where you stand as I only described a (only one from many) subplot from one secondary character. The rest of the story is... HUGE

And I still don't see why a "sexy female character" in a movie should always make the movie "sexist" or worst, make the writer/ director sexist. Really, I don't.

Thank you
Old 03-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #35
ZeroLimit
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Director View Post
Since you reference Bound, why not see how they wrote it? https://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Bound.html
Thank you for the link. I didn't know about it.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #36
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Have you seen games of thrones?
margaery tyrell's motivation is to become queen of the seven kingdoms, and her behavior is to be the most desirable woman available and most perfect wife she can be to the king. [SPOILER]She does this to three different kings, and with each different king she pretends to be a different kind of woman.[/SPOILER] Maybe that's the kind of woman you're looking for?

If I were to wager a wild guess I'd say you have some unfulfilled sexual fantasies and aim to create a fictional woman whose sole purpose of existence is to service your desires. Such an existence is very two dimensional and hence not a real person. Real people have three dimensions. By creating female characters that aren't real people it's a form of misogyny, but hey i don't know you. Life is hard, people need food and medicine to live, do what you need to do to sell your film and make your money. I am nobody to judge anyone.

We can easily gender flip this scenario to someone like James Bond.
James Bond is a secret agent with different identities, like margaery tyrell he pretends to be a different kind of man to seduce different kinds of women. But both of these characters are just pretending.. that's the important distinction. It's what makes them three dimensional, it makes them human beings instead of objects of desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroLimit View Post
Sure. But to be clear, this is not about misogyny. But definitely about sex But not "sex for sex". It's more about what does a woman does to be attractive…
Thanks!
Well lets see. They style their hair, white women tan their skin, they do their nails, they shower and put on scented sprays and deodorants. They go to the gym and control their diet. Some women go to charm school idk exactly what goes on there
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #37
ZeroLimit
Basic Member

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
Have you seen games of thrones?
margaery tyrell's motivation is to become queen of the seven kingdoms, and her behavior is to be the most desirable woman available and most perfect wife she can be to the king. [SPOILER]She does this to three different kings, and with each different king she pretends to be a different kind of woman.[/SPOILER] Maybe that's the kind of woman you're looking for?
No. Because Margery is a "social climber". She will do whatever it takes to become or stay queen. Plus, Margery has no other skill than being queen. It's the only thing she learned since day 1: to be a queen.
Mine is loyal to her mate (her fiancee) and has a completely different personnality. From the description I read on this thread, I think the character from Desperado and the one Feutus Lapdance posted seems to be much better match. I still have to watch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
If I were to wager a wild guess I'd say you have some unfulfilled sexual fantasies and aim to create a ...
Lol
But fortunately you're not. You approch it very wisely . And you right. Never jubge what don't know…
I can't think of a single reason why one would create a whole movie to fulfill his "fantasy". And I wonder what kind of fantasy could that be? Seriously.
So no. There is no obcession behind this facet of the character.

I reaped great deal of suggestions here already to get the job done. So, I'm happy. But if you remind of this kind of character later, your suggestion is always welcome.

Many thanks & talk soon.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #38
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

a lot of movies are created to fulfill a fantasy.

especially films in the fantasy genre
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote