Accessories for Final Cut Pro X?

Hello guys,

For those of you who are Final Cut Pro users, what accessory programs do you recommend to go with it? I know I want the graphic titles and transitions pack. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advanced.

Good to know. Thanks for the suggestion. I try to be too much of an all-in-one, but I do need outside help at times. I have two iSotope audio cleaning programs that came with Sound Forge Pro.

But, I will add your suggestion to the list. Thanks.

Looking at the reviews on the Apple Store's website, X2Pro Audio Converter gets a lot of mixed reviews. Some people love it and others claim it doesn't work.

Do you have personal experience with this app? That would be helpful in my decision.

Sorry for sounding like a fool. If you recommend it, you must know more than the people writing the reviews. I will look into it later this month. Right now, I did get Final Cut Pro 10 and I am feeling my way through it. I don't even need the title and transition pack. There are some amazing ones built-in the program. Also, my HitFilm Ignite Vfx pack intergated itself into Final Cut Pro.

Once again, thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks you so much. It gets confusing knowing if something I never used before works when there are negative reviews about it by users.

I send my projects on every film project to a music composer to score. If it helps out the composer-GREAT! I will most likely have the same composer who scored the 22 minute version of the film I am working on score the new and improved 34 minute version as well. I believe she uses Pro tools to score the films.

Well, I joined a Final Cut Pro X users group on Facebook and learning interesting things already. Final Cut Pro X does not come with basic transitions like zoom, slide, and wipe. The group is listing many venders websites of where to get them. Good to know.

Final Cut Pro X is a purpetual purchase, Premiere Pro is subscription. I have said a few times on this board, I am avoiding all subscription software because my future is very uncertain.

That's why, last year I also purchase Photoshop and Premiere Elements over the pro versions for my new iMac and HP Omen. Perpetual licenses.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was planning to use Premiere Pro, but I didn't know it was only subscription.
I want to avoid that too.
So I guess you won't be using After Effects?
Will you use something similar?

There is no need for After Effects. HitFilm Pro's Vfx engine Ignite connected very easily into Final Cut Pro X. The Ignite Vfx package shows up under the "Effects" workspace in Final Cut Pro. HitFilm Pro comes with 3 licenses is a good compositing as well as 3D editing program with tons of effects. And, the best part is the 3 licenses are purpertual licenses. As much as Home Fx tries to market HitFilm Pro as a NLE, compositing, and 3D editor program, all of the tutorials are for Vfx. Trying to use it as a NLE, you have to do a lot of around about things to make up for the lack of editing tools. So, it's best used for Vfx.

I am in a ActionVFx group on FaceBook. Editors in the group are using HitFilm Pro for Vfx in multi-million productions. So, it's hardly a beginner's program. It's for editors who want a wider variety of tools to edit with.

Last edited:
Good to know. I may add that in the future. On the Windows side, besides HitFilm integration with Vegas Pro, Boris Fx upped the ante with a deal with Magix to include Boris Sapphire and Mocha free of charge. So, I will look into Motion for additional Fx.

Thanks AcousticAl.

+ 1 on X2Pro, I regularly work with at least 1 director who send me stuff converted with X2Pro Audio Convert from Final Cut.
It is easier to transfer projects from Final Cut to Logic Pro X (of course, both owned by Apple) and I had to use that for audio post in cases where the director had trouble creating OMF/AAF exports but it's less than ideal. Pro Tools is (still) the standard for audio post.

Hope it helps!

Another accessory program I would add is called, "Airstream" from the Apps Store. Anyone who has been editing for years will remember the old days of watching films both on a computer screen and a TV screen. Aircast casts files on your hard drive to your TV. Aircast does require a Chromcast device on your TV in your network.

Last edited:
Back