Superimposing DV in real-time

I am doing a music video in which the character will be morphing from one scene to another. We are ending Scene A with the character in a predetermined pose with the camera height, distance, position and lens info recorded. In Scene B we are recreating the camera height, distance, position and lens info as well as the lighting. The character will reposition himself in the exact same pose to start Scene B. Then we will morph the ending of Scene A into the beginning of Scene B so that the character never misses a beat.

My question is: In order to get the character into the exact same position in Scene B, I need software that will allow me to view the ending pose in Scene A and superimpose the camera feed over the image in real-time in Scene B. Does anyone know how I can do this? If not, does anyone have any other ideas for matching up the poses in the two scenes besides just using two monitors?

And while I'm at it, what's the best morphing software out there? I am considering buying fantamorph 3.1.

Thanks!
Esteban

Check out DV-Rack, it'll let you do a split screen of the live video and something already recorded. That can help for matching things up.

I use 'Elastic Reality' ... one of Avid's old products, but I think it's mostly gone the way of the dodo (aka, no longer in production or supported) It's the software they used for the liquid metal terminator in T2... and I think they used it for motion mapping on 'Hollow Man'

There's a number of morphing programs available.. likely you can get one that's free.

Here's a couple free ones:

WinMorph
Morpheus

Here's a thought though.. wouldn't it be easier to shoot the actor in front of a greenscreen and then drop that over the locations after they've been morphed together?

Yea, I actually have DV Rack (although I've never used it). The split screen will get it close but not as exact as what I'm looking for I don't think... the pose is complex (picture travolta's pose on the cover of saturday night fever). That's why I want to be able to overlay the images. There has to be software out there to do that!

The green screen is not a bad idea either but I think it will actually be more work to set up a screen as big as I would need it. That's an alternative though. I might just have to do it that way.

Thanks for the tips!

Back