Filming on the job

I work at a warehouse, and require a couple brief shots while on the job. I plan to use my galaxy s7.

My question is, if I plan on sharing this film, what should I be worried about?

I won't include products, employees, brand names or anything with a label. The main things shown would be warehouse racks, blank boxes, stapler, etc.

Not very worried about getting in trouble by my superiors, and I don't really plan on showing anyone important that could get me fired.

Am I missing something? :weird:

Am I missing something? :weird:

I'm not a lawyer, yadda yadda, disclaimer. To the best that I understand it, there are only two things in this scenario that you need to concern yourself with.

First, I assume you'll have no location release. That's fine, so long as it's not recognizable where you are. There can't be anything in the shot that tells the audience exactly where you are. They need to believe that you're in some warehouse, somewhere.

Secondly, there's product logos. Now, it's not illegal for you to show product logos in your work. The only thing you have to worry about is litigation, like libel. Will your film make any associations between products and something else that they don't want to be associated with? If not, you should be fine. I think.

First, I assume you'll have no location release.

Just to expand a little on location releases:
Some festivals and most distributors will require location releases as part of the chain of title. Not sure how pertinent this is to you, but might be important to give some thought to if you did intend on going down one of those routes.

Last edited:
By what you stated, I'd say you'll be fine.

If you need to be more pro about it with tripods and lights etc. definitely involve the co. and I am sure they will work with you.

Thank you all for the input. It would be great to have this film viewed at a festival, however I'm a bit concerned with the galaxy video quality, even though it's very brief, and obviously location release. I suppose I'll work with what is available to me at the moment to create something I'm happy with, and not worry too much about where it's going. I guess if I wanted to worry about where it's going, I could always rewrite that area, and not worry about filming with the galaxy. Thanks again everyone!

Back